Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Ending Opinions?

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Nahh, The game has barely been out for a week, and I sorta... don't have that amount of free time? Lol.

But so far I'm enjoying it. Way I see it, I'd rather have a helluva ride to a bad ending, than a terrible 30+ hour trek to find ten minutes worth of gold.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    You are not a true fan, leave this place heretic.
    No I'm the truest fan because I'm so disappointed in how it webt to shit. I've beaten ME1 18 times and ME2 6 times. Why the fuck would they do this to me, the loyalest fan?

This is a great game, bruh, I seriously don't see where people are getting all this hate from besides the DLC controversy, picking on the story, the sucky ass ending, funky dialogues, blahblahblah etc. etc.
    It's like "you'll never find a more hateful person than a fan of something."
    And I'm not even defending it just to defend it. I'm defending it cause it's getting an unnecessary amount of shit thrown at it. Imo gaiz, GAIZ, OMG, GAIZ. And yes, I acknowledge there are some BIG issues, but not game destroying, then again I put up with a lot.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Yeah no the story makes or breaks the game. ME2 wasn't as good as ME1 story-wise, hence I have over double the runthroughs as ME2. I play the original Halo more than 3. I play MGS3 more than MGS4 because of the story and theming. Same with RE4 vs. RE5, and DAO vs. DA2.

I've heard more more complaints about the ending (from literally everywhere, Steam, Amazon, Kotaku, Bioware forums, SBC, MT, Metacritic, dflksa;fjkas;j), and other minor issues rather than the overall story itself. Seems people can't make up their minds on what to hate. *shrugs* Different strokes for different folks, fuckin' love this game
    <My comic

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    The storyline of Mass Effect has been entirely built around the conclusion of the story. The story is plot driven, not character driven. The nature of the Reapers and the resolution of the threat they pose are two facets of the story that can make or break the story, and in both cases Bioware dropped the ball and they dropped it fucking hard.

Granted, they kind of fucked up big time in 2, also. The moment you killed a Reaper with a pistol is the moment the Reapers ceased to be an effective threat.

EDIT: The creepy issues regarding sexism and Bioware being creepers turned me off ME3 very, very, very strongly, but ultimately it was how badly they handled the story and how meaningless they rendered all your choices that ultimately made me give up entirely on the series. ME1 is one of my favorite games ever and I really, really, really fucking loved the setting, and I really enjoyed 2, also. I have very high standards, you could argue, but ME1 and to a lesser extent 2 met them.

The fact so many fans of the series are complaining - and that they are able to articulate their complaints intelligently and point out what exactly the problems are - says something. This isn't just a case of fans being beyond pleasing. Bioware fucked up, and due to the diseased culture and ethos they have within their company, they are only going to continue fucking up until people stop buying their games enough that hacks like Hepler are fired and Bioware examine what the fuck makes a good game.
    Last edited by Kodos; 03-13-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

When I first met Miranda, they had the camera zoom in on her ass as she walked... That was kinda pitiful :/
    <My comic

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Nothing is as egregious as Shepherd's magical cock healing Jack of psychological trauma via a good fucking.

Although I do think a lot of things in ME3 come close. Particularly something about Tali.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Guess the only reason I'm not sitting in the hatebooth is because I'm probably the only person here that has been looking at the ME games more from a critical gameplay stance, lol.
    <My comic

I'm actually pretty ok with the ending of the game. I just beat it last...uh...shit. I can't remember. It was like two or three days ago. Anyways, they could've done better on things I agree. But seriously, I can play the most crappy game on the planet and still say it has SOME value. But then again, thats just meh :/
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."