Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect 3 Ending Opinions?

Hybrid View

Mass Effect 3 Ending Opinions?

To give a little personal history, I haven't played bioware games for long. In fact, I only got ME2 and DA series about a year ago, give or take a few months. but I was hooked, nonetheless. I had hope for ME3 and it's supposed awesomeness. I wasn't even disappointed in DA2, and that shows that I can tolerate a lot in a game. but the ending for MA3... Pure Betrayal from Bioware, tbh.

Don't get me wrong, the game itself was great, totally lived up to the series. but the ending choices, or rather, the lack thereof, was a crushing blow. I felt like a little kid that got his favorite toy run over by a semi. currently, there's a series of petitions and meetings of loyal BW fans that are rallying together to combat this... I guess you could call it a monstrosity... and I'm supporting them and the cause: get BW's attention and convince them to make a better ending, or at least, ADD one.

Other people's opinions may differ, but to me, the choices all ended the same way; as if nothing you worked for up to this point mattered in the long run.

At this point, I'd pay for a dlc to get a happier ending that my full on paragon Shepard deserves. Also, Frankly, to put it bluntly...

I WANT MY TALI!!

I know there were some here that were looking forward to ME3 (Specific example, GunZet), but I'm sorry to say, if you haven't already finished it, There's a BIG chance you'll be disappointed, to say the least.

Okay, short rant over. continue.
    Last edited by Zekester014; 03-12-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Use spoiler tags for spoilers anyone posting in this thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I've heard the ending is quite shit too. But as long as I get a good amount of good gameplay and story, I'm perfectly fine with the end sucking ass. Afterall, I'm playing both ME1 and ME3 at the same time, then I might do another runthrough of ME2 after ME1.... damn.

Oh yea, so far so epic with ME3. Though a few dialogue options are balls/ don't exist.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Heavy spoilers below

SPOILER! :

I generally enjoyed the game up til the end, but yeah.. The final half hour kinda left me with mixed feelings.

I think the problem is that instead of pandering to fans, Bioware did their own thing. Usually I'd think trying not to pander was likely the better move, but given the emotional attachment people will have to their Shepards by this point anything less than a happy ending was going to give that favourite toy just run over effect Zekester mentions above.

I mean, as Shepard you've basically been fighting the inevitable, trying to overcome fate, but when you face the source of that fate you are forced to comply with the options it presents you. All of them being varying levels of bleak.

The God Child's whole argument is flawed though, in my play through Joker and Edi became a thing and the Quarians / Geth allies - suggesting that the created will not always rebel against the creator. It's also ironic that the solution to this problem is to kill off organic life before they can create self aware AI - with self aware AI.

There was clearly potential for Shepard to give one to the God Child, but we weren't ever allowed to, and had to accept fate - as mentioned, what we've all been essentially fighting against. There's a few plotholes in the ending also and pretty grave points that aren't covered or explained. I don't think they're as much of a problem.

I feel if they offered more choices everyone would be ok - I mean, one or two 'good' endings where Shep lives and all is happy, available by doing amazingly thought all three games, with another one available by doing 'ok' but potentially resulting in Shep's death, then the 'bad' ending where Earth goes up in Flames, Shep dies etc would have been good. Even then perhaps add a bittersweet ending where you did bad, but if Shep gives up his/her life you can still save everyone else.

Dunno, my opinion really. I do think Bioware shouldn't have forced the Martyr status on Shep though, the whole thing is just a bit too self indulgent. Maybe played the martyrdom card too often - Mordrin, Kirrahe/Thane, Legion ( or Tali... But that's more plain suicide.. ). There was a bit of a theme where characters sacrificed themselves to varying degrees of glorification. ( edit - Also Cortez, although I'm pretty sure Cortez intended to keep living )

Other than that, I did notice the lack of 'roleplay' in the game - most choices were either paragon response or renegade response, with no neutral ground. Plus I feel I'm wrong but still, it did seem that the Illusive Man got half of the persuade / threaten lines, with a good run of those squeezed into the last 10ish mins. I can understand that there was a lot to get through and a tonne of loose ends to tie up, but still.. I wonder if we could have got the chance to debate the point with the God Child if we were still playing by ME1 writing agendas.

The game was good though, overall. Few polish issues but nothing game breaking.

But as always, just my opinions not thinking objectively, of course.

Last edited by Im_not_random; 03-12-2012 at 01:54 PM. Reason: Iphone autocorrect fails.

ATTENTION CUSTOMERS:
    SPOILER! :
    SHEPARD IS A REAPER

Dragon Age 2 was creepy and so was Mass Effect 3
    Also Renegade Femshep is the only way to play

The endings are all stupid and disappointing

Thank you quite frankly I hate the game it's sad and makes me wish I'd changed my title to StarCon2-Dude or Chrono-man rather than frakking disappointing Ass Defect 3.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    Thank you quite frankly I hate the game it's sad and makes me wish I'd changed my title to StarCon2-Dude or Chrono-man rather than frakking disappointing Ass Defect 3.
    Change it to Hunam or *Camper*.

EDIT: The only thing I like about ME3 is that they got the Faunts back for the credits again.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You are not a true fan, leave this place heretic.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    You are not a true fan, leave this place heretic.
    No I'm the truest fan because I'm so disappointed in how it webt to shit. I've beaten ME1 18 times and ME2 6 times. Why the fuck would they do this to me, the loyalest fan?