Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KONY 2012 is a scam

I hate the Invisible Children sods at my school who act like they've been there through the brutalization for one, or like they're ready to actually take up some real frakking arms and be in real combat with Kony & cronies.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    I hate the Invisible Children sods at my school who act like they've been there through the brutalization for one, or like they're ready to actually take up some real frakking arms and be in real combat with Kony & cronies.

7 8 9 Member
    Lots of social media this has gathered, but many people don't truly research their stuff and just jump right in supporting.
    I probably would have done the same thing if i hadn't noticed the haters comments too.

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    There is nothing wrong with supporting the cause. Supporting the organization is what's iffy. But I mean, the initiative donates 2.4 million and also works on the infrastructure by building schools and shiz like this. 31% may not sound like a lot in relation, but looking at the plain numbers 2.4 million is a crapton of money.

Its kind of sad how such a shoddy organisation is the one managing to get people backing the cause. I mean, they spend more money on themselves and advertising the campaign then that do actually acting on the issue, and yet because of that they are the most well known organization working on this issue. (also @ Toast, with cancer awareness campaigns I think part of their purpose is to encourage people to notice and seek help for any symptoms of the illness more quickly, so they do serve a purpose).

Yeh that's the main issue with campaigns that focus on media prevalence and awareness, they have to internalize much of the funds to stay afloat.

As someone who is actually related to someone who has been through a war similar to the atrocities Joseph Koney has done to Uganda and parts of other African countries I can truthfully say this.

First you steal our diamonds and oil. Then you come back years later feeling guilt because people are killing us. Then you talk about liberating us.

It is not Africans do not want help, it is just we fear colonization and more "Christianity is here to save you" bullshit.

That's actually a really good point. The intention of the citizens supporting the cause are undeniably good, but the intentions of the government really need to be resolved first.

Imperialisation, hooooo!

LRA was founded in 1987, why are we suddenly just paying attention to it.