Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blame! Success of Fail?

That's fair enough. The entire thing is pure niche appeal, after all.

It does all make me think how great Blame would work as one of those old "If you picked up the gun, go to page #." adventure books, that said. XD

Truly my biggest problem with blame is it just isn't a fit for the medium. He seems to play a lot of video games so it makes me wonder if that wasn't what blame! was meant to be at some point. That's obviously just speculation tho.

He was going to be an architect before he became a manga-ka, which explains the crazy amount of buildingservice, but I dunno about a game... It's perfectly possible that he originally came up with it in that state of mind, through. Who knows.

It probably doesn't help that everything reads much more like a movie storyboard than an 'actual' comic, but one could equally say that Masume Shirow's Appleseed is much to close to being a novel... I'm not strawmaning, it's actually an interesting point. Is there a certain point when a comic can mutate into something else without realising it, in the same way that games and mini-games are not really the same thing anymore?