Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: [Mass Effect] Who else is not buying mass effect 3

I'll probably be buying it. Not right upon release, but eventually. I mean, a game doesn't have to be amazing for me to consider spending money on it. Regardless, games like mass effect are really just big long time killers anyway; you get all into them, then beat them, then for the most part it's over, not including any replays you feel like doing down the road. ME1 and ME2 are both really different, the first being more of an RPG with weapons and upgrades litered everywhere for you to customize your character as if you were in an MMO, while the second is more of a good old campaign mode with all sorts of different missions to complete. I don't see why everyone wouldn't expect the third to be anything like the first two. In any case, it's mostly the story that I'm interested in wrapping up. I'm mostly just curious about the history and purpose of the reapers, and I hope for the trilogy to have some sort of intriguing ending.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Am I the only one hoping that they go more into detail as to what the Keepers are, where they come from?

I was wondering the same thing. I think the story is the only thing that has me hooked ;_;....I still don't get how the fuck I'm supposed to put down that effin Sentinel in survival...maybe sumthing with a bigger boom?
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Maybe the keepers... BUILT THE REAPERS! :O Then became enslaved as a species... Or or or maybe they weren't enslaved, maybe they are still in control of everything and plotting all these evil master plans from the citadel... Not a likely theory as they probably would've handed everything over to sovereign at the end of ME1, but whatever. #thoughts

In all seriousness though, I bet progressing too far and becoming too technologically advanced leads to the discovery of some terrible secret about the entire universe, or poses some kind of threat to the health of the universe, so the reapers are there to limit civilization to it's galaxy. I dunno, also #thoughts, but just think of what could be out there beyond the single galaxy the games take place in.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenade View Post
    Maybe the keepers... BUILT THE REAPERS! :O Then became enslaved as a species... Or or or maybe they weren't enslaved, maybe they are still in control of everything and plotting all these evil master plans from the citadel... Not a likely theory as they probably would've handed everything over to sovereign at the end of ME1, but whatever. #thoughts

In all seriousness though, I bet progressing too far and becoming too technologically advanced leads to the discovery of some terrible secret about the entire universe, or poses some kind of threat to the health of the universe, so the reapers are there to limit civilization to it's galaxy. I dunno, also #thoughts, but just think of what could be out there beyond the single galaxy the games take place in.
    No, because the Reapers flat out say "We are horrible monsters and we are going to kill you. The Citadel was a relay for us to do just that." No secret keeping there. They kill every 50,000 years, on the dot. Keeping secrets from being discovered? No, just bloodlust or purpose of annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Am I the only one hoping that they go more into detail as to what the Keepers are, where they come from?
    It would be bad if they did this, because the whole idea behind it is mystery. Space is full of mystery, and a spacefaring game should be loaded with it, too.

True, but when it comes down to creatures such as the Keepers, you have to wonder what their story is. They're critical to keeping the Citadel up and running, so did the Protheans make them, how old is their species, they might actually be a big part of the whole story secretly, who knows. I'm not saying they should completely oust the keepers, but if you're gonna talk about em, why not try and dig a bit deeper? I'd say they should do this, rather than

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    To all you people hoping for a good plot resolution regarding the Reapers, hahahaa. I feel bad for you. I've read the script. It's shit. The explanation behind the Reapers is as underwhelming and stupid as everything else.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

The reapers are just one guy on a bed with a bunch of cats but he thinks he is stranded on an island

Assuming direct control of thread.