Thread: Serenade's Art - Critiques Appreciated

Serenade's Art - Critiques Appreciated

So I've been trying to develop my own style like everyone says you should do, although it looks pretty much like any other anime so far. Lately I've been trying to reflect a character's personality in their appearance, as well as work on consistency when drawing the same character multiple times.

Meet unnamed character No.1 for my unnamed Manga. She has a bright personality and is easily annoyed or ticked off. She is also a user of fire magic. Anything you see that does/doesn't reflect this, I'm just looking for second opinions. And also as mentioned before, any tips of making any of them look similar would also really help me improve.

SPOILER! :

Also note the drawing of her swinging a sword at the bottom left. Yeah, it's terrible. For some reason I just can't draw that small. Is there a trick to drawing characters that size or does it just take a really really fine pencil tip?

So, apart from everything already mentioned, anything you feel you need to critique on, I'm eager to hear it, I just want to learn and improve as much as I can from this point.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Hey, nice work. You should probably try to keep your posts in your original thread if you don't want to get in trouble with the mods though, as creating multiple threads is kind of against the rules. :)

Oh, I wonder if it's possible to delete the last thread then? I can't find it anywhere so I guess it's a mod function. Since that thread is inappropriately titled chibis when this isn't chibi.

mm I made the same mistake a while ago. Go to the Ask a Mod section of the forum and ask them to delete the thread for you. You can change the title of the previous thread by double clicking near its title in the list of threads

want me to get rid of your old thread for u? naughty naughty :3

Actually, if you would be so inclined, I'd really appreciate it if you could get rid of this thread instead, since it's become full of rules and not critiques. I'll simply change the name of the older thread and post my more recent artwork there later. And I'm not naughty! I'll have you know I read the rules!

3) If you already made a thread specifically for your art, you can revive it and post more artwork in it. We highly recommend this so folks can see your body of artwork at one go instead of manually searching through all the threads. Plus we get to see how you've improved over time. =)
    ^Just made it seem like it was more of a recommendation than a rule. Oh well, lesson learnt!