Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Opinions on drawing hands!

Opinions on drawing hands!

One thing I despise, yet somehow tolerate, is drawing hands. Especially when they're intended to "reach out" to the viewer.

Your difficulty with hands may differ. you can post one of the most difficult hand positions you have drawn (In your opinion.) And if you want, you may also post something that helped you or a previous post in that particular hand position.

I used to fill pages upon pages with just hand studies. For some reason it scared people :/

I mostly have difficulty making hands look flexed, clawing, scratching, gripping really tightly, etc. . .
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

I have difficulty drawing hands at all, ha ha ha. I think I should start doing what kasey used to do, maybe then I'll make some progress.

The hardest time I had drawing one, was drawing one that was grabbing for an arrow. If you look at my Newest drawing of Medusa in my art thread, you could see I really do too good, ha ha ha

Drawing hands are a definite pain, but you it's got to be done (gah, thats a whole lotta work... what a drag)
    Sure hands are very useful, think of real life, we use our hands for everything, so manga has to have hands right???

drawing hands can make or break a drawing

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Hands an faces are some of the bet ways to show emotion, so I studied them. Since I'm so naturally angry, drawing hands and faces that look intense and rageful comes easily to me. Gentle hand-features... Not so much.

i agree with superKasey, clawing hands are really hard to draw! i find it helps if you do a close up model of the hand position on a different pieces of paper and then keep these as references in case you ned to use the same position again.

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Way to necro

@ sylux: whaaa??? wat do u mean by necro???

Sir-Mass-a-Lot
    Posting in a month old thread