Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your opinion on the best laptop?

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    This thread is so close to being a discussion thread that I will leave it here but ask the OP to make a change to the first post to infuse something like "Share your opinion in the best computer out there" or something to break it up from "help me" to "share your opinion". If you would like to leave it as is let me know and I will move it to the drawing and animation section.

I have an acre and it has last me for ever now. It was fairly cheap when I got it to but as for the specs I have no clue but manga studios 4 works fine on it *no help*.

"[an error occurred while processing this directive]" that's what I get when trying to view page 2 of this thread :O

Laptops can be good, but in my experience they run much slower than a desktop PC...and will never be as good at a desktop PC...they are designed to be smaller, portable, compact so there are "sacrifices" made for this.

But on another note great for travelling and browsing where ever you want etc.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Ellipses! I will fix it this time because I'm sure the OP didn't know about it.

What are the opinions on laptops that are allso tablets? Ive heard they are slow as hell and one that I wanted needed an external cd drive which I thought would be a pain to have to deal with.
    Last edited by Psy; 02-21-2012 at 11:41 AM.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    My laptop is the G74Sx Asus, badass gaming laptop, and as such, sacrificed portability for power. See, laptops can be just as good if not better than your average desktop, given you're willing to shell out the cash, if not, Cloudy is right to say they are mostly for portability.

As for laptops that double as tablets, I've also heard not so good stuff about them. Apparently Windows 8 is looking to remedy this, since it'll primarily work for touch surfaces. But I wouldn't jump right into it, Win7 is perfecto.

in terms of the most reliable laptop I think it would have to be lenovo but normally you should run maya on a desktop.

Get an Asus brand.

I have never had any problems with mine, and it's quite popular with the computer guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Afrobit View Post
    Get an Asus brand.

I have never had any problems with mine, and it's quite popular with the computer guys.
    that is really for casual use, do not ever pick it for things that require a lot of power like maya

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Asus, casual use? Whaaaa?

yeah this is were u talk about this stuff......maybe a mac i have a emachines it works very well with manga studio ex but it needed ram upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    My laptop is the G74Sx Asus, badass gaming laptop, and as such, sacrificed portability for power. See, laptops can be just as good if not better than your average desktop, given you're willing to shell out the cash, if not, Cloudy is right to say they are mostly for portability.

As for laptops that double as tablets, I've also heard not so good stuff about them. Apparently Windows 8 is looking to remedy this, since it'll primarily work for touch surfaces. But I wouldn't jump right into it, Win7 is perfecto.
    This is what I read: Extremely expensive and top-of-the-line laptops can be better than average, easily affordable non-portable tabletop machines with more capability to upgrade, just as long as you pay maybe six times the price, for which you could buy a desktop equivalent that could put a world-renowned astrophysicist's machine to shame.