Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Independant Cookies's Art, AKA What the Fudge is Wrong Here?

Everything is pretty good. One thing that strikes my eye is that it doesn't look like the hands are limped down and that they don''t align to the rest of the pics perspective. Other then that its amazing!!!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Junior Member independant_cookie's Avatar
    Thanks! I'm still having issues with handses..... they like to eat souls. And perspective is still killing me, so anyone got tippies on hands+perspective?

After an extended absence.....

I have RETURNED! with awesome.

SPOILER! :

What medium did you use? Water colors? Whatever it is, you've done a great jon on the back ground, nice vibrant colors. The Faerie's midsection looks a little off, that's just my opinion, might looks a bit better if you brought it in a bit.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 05-21-2012 at 05:39 PM.

That's actually all-digital. :3

drought? Wassdat?

Very, very, very pretty picture! I love the colors! I don't know, but shouldn't we see a little bit of under the chin (?) Other than that, it's BEAUTIFUL!

Umm.... Is that her left leg is thin as compared to other one. I Don't know much abt coloring bt as a viewer i will recomend that you define her breast a little bit more . May be add some shades, highlights .

@JJ: -headdesk- I KNEW I forgot something.

@Trilo: yeahhhh.... the one line is thinner than the other and the leaf thing was frustrating so I kinda just gave up there. lol

This one I -just- finished.

SPOILER! :

I'm more concerned with hair here than anything else.

So I went ahead and tried out that palette ripping thing Rio has been using for the Inspiration of the Day on your two fairies.

If you compare it with the ones Rio got from the inspiration pieces you can see that those artists uses a lot more darker and lighter variations of the base colors than you have done here. You could try to use one of the palettes Rio has prepared in the Inspiration thread if you like, or go tohttp://www.ctrlpaint.com/home/2012/1/31/basic-color-schemes.html#comments and learn more about choosing your color scheme. Either way, you're doing great already so keep the good work up!

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    Some of the folds on the skirt sugguest that they should be longer based on the way the hem of the skirt flows. Your likes are best in the face and head but i feel like when drawing the thickest lines are best saved for the outline but that could be a personal thing. I wouldnt define the areas of the hair with solid plack lines but go for darker shades. maybe dark browns for the darker areas of shadow in the hair. I think you could get away with not having to draw the but as well. With her sitting in the grass i dont think anyone would fault you for having the grass cover her bum mostly. Keep going