Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Independant Cookies's Art, AKA What the Fudge is Wrong Here?

Junior Member independant_cookie's Avatar

Independant Cookies's Art, AKA What the Fudge is Wrong Here?

This is the only drawing I've managed to come close to finishing this week due to schedule and pain in my arms, but here ya go. Updated version will come when my new tablet gets here. :3

SPOILER! :

Not bad at all. When your tablet gets here, and you are updating, you might want to keep in mind the angle of the chair seat and legs, also the eyes should usually be one eye length apart. that looks to be about 2 eye length apart. Very nice though! looking forward to seeing more.

You already have ur own drawing style, and i LOVE how
    her face looks like it's out from japanese picture books
    (which some have fabulous drawings and stories)
    rather than from a typical modern-day cookie-cutter shojo manga

(i think originality VERY important...cause im still trying to find it...;__;` )

I would recommend u to sketch people (maybe, at a park)
    because her body movement doesn't seem fluid enough to be a real human.

I am looking forward for more of ur works!!! ( >3<)b gj!

Quote Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
    "I agree, a bit more work here and there"

Oh yeah?

So where is this here and there...be careful when you do a crit..saying here and there is not helping the person improve, it's just going to confuse them more, if you want to do a crit please explain in detail where "here and there" is and how they can improve upon their next drawing.

I don't mean to be rude, I just want the crit corner to be as helpful and beneficial to the artist as it can be.

as for the drawing.

It's a nice pose, I think it could use some foreshortening and perspective on the legs, because she is twisting her body and it looks a little unnatural and uncomfortable in comparison to the leg position, that being said, I really like the drawing and look forward to more from you, also Welcome back I think I remember your face from the old forum
    Last edited by Cloudy; 02-16-2012 at 05:15 AM.

It'll be a while before I put tablet work up, because it's -really- difficult to get the swing of. That and I've been having wrist problems. Anyone got some quick tips for tablet/digi work?

101 Dalmations Member canime4ever's Avatar
    Sorry, I don't have any tips for digi work, but I can offer a quick crit

It's a really nice drawing overall, but might I suggest somethings?

I agree with NWAP about the eyes being slightly too far apart. Another thing I noticed was that the neck seems slightly thick, maybe make it a little curvier? The waist and hips look really nice But the thigh on our left looks kinda flat-ish and the left knee is a little square. The last thing I have to crit about is the folds, there should be more on the backside and a few more where the left thigh is. I love how you drew the foot on the ground though! It looks really good

There's not much else I can offer, but I hope it helped somewhat XD

The only real thing you can do to get used to using a tablet is to use it as much as you can, eventually it will feel the same as using a pencil, unfortunately unless you are kinda experienced you cant move the tablet around too much with the pen like paper and pencil so it can be hard on your wrist, just take some small breaks if it starts hurting, just keep at it, loosen up a bit, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't succeed at first, keep on trying

It's a little late, responding to Cloudy's post, but whatever, lol. Yes, I should've posted a informative crit, sorry Cookie, I was critiquing more to follow the rules then to actually help you, and that's no good, I am sorry. So, this time I'll hopefully do a better job.

The hand was drawn okay, but the fingers seem a bit off, work on that, they look a bit like the fingers of a glove, kind of flat. Great work on the folds, but there's still room for you to improve there. The position of the legs could be approved upon as well, doesn't flow right, looks a bit like they're not excactly attached to the rest of her body. The hair, her expression and her clothes, though, very nice work, keep it up. Again, sorry for the previous, and lackluster critique, I hope this one sufficed.

Well, no tablet art yet (translation: it's kicking my a**), but here's a nice, graphite perspective study!

SPOILER! :

Critics: chew away! I need mondo helps here.

Hey Johanna nice stuff