Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Your 5 Favorite Manga (And Anime)

7 8 9 Member
    Manga:
    Dengeki Daisy
    Library Wars
    Vampire Game
    Fruits Basket
    Happy Cafe

Anime:
    Soul Eater
    D. Grey-Man
    Angel Beats
    Bleach
    Naruto
    I have so many more favorites, but I think these are my top ones at the moment.

manga: meru puri, vampire knight, tsubasa chronicles, soul eater, detective conan

anime:card captor sakura, ouran high, kimi to boku 1, full metal alchemyst, chrno crusade

I bleed endlessly, tonight as I hear your last requiem with the soothing melody of the dying hurling wind...

I'm an Adult! Member SebSchmidt's Avatar
    Naruto
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    One Piece
    Soul Eater
    Bleach

"Tobi is a good boy!"

Teen Member
    Sword art online
    Rurouni Kenshin
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Dragon ball
    Naruto (older series)

My list hasn't changed, but I'd sure love it if someone could tell me of some more anime/manga like Another or Future Diary...
    Here's new list for me:

MANGA:

1) Gumn (Battle Angel Alita)
    2) Appleseed
    3) Baukman
    4) High School of the Dead
    5) Battle Royale
    6) Bezerker (cuz I just watched that shit again & it's still raw)

ANIME

1) Another
    2) Kenichi the Mightiest Disciple
    3) Golgo 13
    4) Future Diary
    5) Gun Frontier ('cuz it's ol' school!)

kenichi yeh B(

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Shaggie View Post
    MANGA:

1) Gumn (Battle Angel Alita)
    2) Appleseed
    My exact top two aswell. ;I

Not really sure what to reccomend anime-wise, through, since I haven't really seen alot of those series. Maybe Claymore is worth a watch? Really quite melodramatic, and I doubt it will become a new fav or anything, but it's a pretty seinen-shonen sort of violent actiony medieval thing. Kinda suprised that Cowboy Bebop isn't on that list considering the subject matter, too. Wolf's Rain is another one which I thought was pretty good, at least way past the furry sorta connotations that you may be expecting.

I guess I just tend to reccommend anything by studio bones, through, alot of the time. :/ *scratches head*

Top 5 Anime would be
    1. Naruto
    2. Helsing
    3. Dragonball (Z and GT)
    4.Digimon
    5. Sailor Moon

I dont really have a Top 5 Manga

Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    My exact top two aswell. ;I

Not really sure what to reccomend anime-wise, through, since I haven't really seen alot of those series. Maybe Claymore is worth a watch? Really quite melodramatic, and I doubt it will become a new fav or anything, but it's a pretty seinen-shonen sort of violent actiony medieval thing. Kinda suprised that Cowboy Bebop isn't on that list considering the subject matter, too. Wolf's Rain is another one which I thought was pretty good, at least way past the furry sorta connotations that you may be expecting.

I guess I just tend to reccommend anything by studio bones, through, alot of the time. :/ *scratches head*
    I've all of Claymore. It's cool. Not creepy enough for me though like another & future diary. I'm on this supernatural/paranormal kick right now idk...

As far as Bebop, its awesome but, I've seen it way too many times. Same thing with Ghost In the Shell (besides I think Appleseed is Shirow's greatest body of work). I've never heard of Wolf's Rain though.

Tell me, is it creepy? An example of creepy to me, would be something like Paranoia Agent or maybe Hell Girl. But they're not as out there as Another Or Future Diary.

As far as Gun

It's probably due to the inherent furry-ness, but I couldn't take Wolf's Rain seriously at all.

Kind of a shot in the dark as I haven't seen it, but what about Shiki? It has a rather wacky approach to hairstyling, but I often hear it likened to classic paranormal detective series Twin Peaks.