View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

I think I'm going to do a series of these along with the musician series, be great practice, though to be honest, drawing anything is great practice, ha ha ha. I know the left arm is shit, and I tried really hard to draw it the best I could, but no dice, and as for the nose, I know, no hard lines, but I didn't know a better way to draw it, sorry Ged.

This last one look better than the stuff you posted a few pages back, practice pays off I guess

Since you take photographs of all your drawings I wonder if you could find a way get the drawing parallel to the camera, it's hard to give a critique when image is tilted backwards. when sketching, try to use long and loose strokes. Use your shoulder, not your wrist.

Because you get a larger radius, so that you you can make the long confident lines I was talking about. It's also much more comfortable

I've been wanting to draw a catwoman for a long time, I mean you gotta love them, ha ha ha. Yeah, I know there isn't a tail, you know it's just that I don't know how to draw the tail so good. Anyways, I'm going to be doing a series of these as well, in different poses, I was going to draw one crawling, like in Crilley's video, but, seeing as I'm still new to drawing poses, I'd start with something simpler like this. Most of it is drawn without a reference, the legs, though, I needed a reference for them. Lol, I still need to work on them.

Compared to the other ref drawing I did not long ago, this really doesn't look much like the pic. I tried to draw David Spade, it no come out good, ha ha ha, I think it came out looking like a really cartoony version of David, which is disappointing, as some of you can tell, I'm trying my best to draw as realistically as I can. I guess I failed there, my bad.

I've decided I'm going to start sketching again, as you saw with the catwoman, drawing two pics a week isn't cutting it, and I need more practice, so I've decided to try and sketch something everyday. I won't be uploading every single little sketch, don't worry, it's just going to be the ones I think are good enough. Hopefully, this'll help me to do a much better job on my reference work.

I did a little google / posemaniac search to help ya out with the legs for the catgirl. I think you probably need to make the thighs longer, atm they seem a little short. I wasn't sure the exact kneeling pose you were going for, so I found 3 different refs, hopefully one of them will help you out
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...girlsstep.jpg/
    http://media.photobucket.com/image/a...me/girl_04.jpg
    http://www.posemaniacs.com/archives/1219

hopefully they help. I can't really comment on the guy as I never really draw them so xD it does look reasonably realistic though i think maybe you could add some darker shading to the shirt to give it a bit of depth and show folds in it, atm it looks a little flat

I feel you haven't been getting the attention you need. From here on out i'm going to help you as closely as I can. As for the previous two I cant really say much. I would love to red line the David spade pic, but its a ref pic of realism. It would really help from here on out, if you could post your ref. along with your pic, so I can see how you think, and how to help you get better.

this is from several days ago.

Pretty good. the only thing i see wrong is the chin. it might be a little big. also i think you should have tried to do the mane in more of a shading way instead of trying to literally draw it.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I tried Rubisko, but I don't think this came out so good, so if you like I could try my hands at another Frank Zappa pic.

Here's the ref pic, Nwap.

Hey thar! These are some nice pics you got! If I could give u a pointer when it comes to portraiture it would be to really bring out the shadows. The human face contains a lot of shadows and it's what will make the drawing less flat. When looking for facial shadows... look at the cheeks, forehead, lips, and chin. Most importantly, the nose. You need to really add all these shadows to create a realistic face. The Iris also has many shades to it as well. And lastly, just remember there is always room to go darker. A easy thing to look over is how light your shadows are... darker darker darker all the time.

Anyway! You do have some nice lines in this drawing. You just need to build on them more. It's a really good start though!

Also, do you draw portraits flat like on a desk looking down? I have found that it is better to draw portraits with the paper at an angle. If you draw on a flat surface, the drawing will have a tendency to distort itself because you are looking at the drawing from a different angle.

Anywho. I hope I was helpful and not too critical. Have fun drawing portraits!