View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

Outline, play around with some facial features. Practice head shapes a lot.

My second... maybe third attempt, at coloring my work. Frankly, it needs a shit load of work, ha ha ha.

I think I'm going to start cutting back to maybe doing 1 main drawing a week, and maybe a study along with a sketch or two. Mostly, though it'll be a finished product, colored or shaded, at least, lol.

For the forseeable future, I think I'll be uploading a lot of reference pieces. I thought I was ready to do my own thing, but as you can see, while my proportions are okay, and maybe I could do okay drawing some poses, it'd be best if I spend a lot of time doing reference pieces so I could learn more poses, and improve my proportions even better, and maybe in a few months, I'll be able to draw something cool without need of a reference. Yeah, I know Kasey, it's not cheating, and yeah everyone has spent time doing nothing but ref work, but it still leaves a bit of a bad taste, you know.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 03-05-2012 at 01:35 AM.

I like the hair / horns / wings My tip for colouring in pencil is maybe to not press so hard? colour lightly, and to make the colours darker build it up a bit or something? i'm not an expert as i've never really done much of my art coloured with pencils, im sure someone else could give you much better tips, but if you press hard straight away you can see the pencil strokes and you get the white space, which you have, so doing it gently and building up should make that less obvious

7 8 9 Member
    very cool! you know with pencil crayons and colouring with them if you press really lightly and go over it slowly it will create a really smooth look and no whitness between. Also lets see some shading!! woo. If you press lighter you can also work with the shades of one colourw hile adding many more and it would totally add more depth to your pieces! cool idea though!

If you want to do some work purely on shading you can try doing some grey scale (just with your regular pencil) and leave out the colour. You could also try getting some different types of grey lead such as H2 (which are lighter than HB) to experiment with greyscale shading. Before you start colouring try testing how the different pressures look on a seperate piece of paper

Son Goku!!!! Sorry it took so long for me to update, had a bit of a hard time deciding what to draw next, figured I've been drawing too many women lately, and thought it'd be nice if I worked on male anatomy. Next few will be male characters.

Hey cool

keep on practicing

Wow !! I can see you are really working hard . Hmm keep it up. Ok about shading
    i remember somebody said me when it comes to shading yeah keep in mind about LIGHT SOURCE so that you can shade in particular areas where shadows should form.

Wow Liebe, it's starting to look really good! Keep studying