View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

A study I did on heads, and a little studying on facial expressions, not much variety , I know. The next study on the head I do will have more facial expressions.

Poison Ivy.... again again, lol. I was looking to start practicing poses, and the like, starting with a woman sitting with one leg crossed over the other, and spread out from there, and I thought this was a good place to start.

Maybe I should date my drawings, or something, atleast label them under a month so as to make it easier for people to keep heads up in seeing my progress. Lol, maybe that's a good Idea, ha ha ha.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 02-26-2012 at 09:14 PM.

I think you improved a lot looking through your stuff. And like everyone said references are really important, when I draw I use references for everything especially when it comes to poses. And that doesn't mean you have to copy something exactly like if I want to draw a mermaid I look up everything from Leighton's Fisherman and the siren to Ariel from the Little Mermaid just to get a feel for what you're doing.

From your latest pic I can say your doing well with hands which are difficult for almost everybody. Some porportions are off like her neck being too thin and her bottom leg is too thick but you're on the right track so keep the work up ^^

Hey can i ask you something ? What size of paper you are using ?
    This is very important that you draw with regular plane copies i.e 30cm*18cm or something similar .
    I hope you are using that size .
    And sure you are improving .

Wow, that's a really good pose! (I suck at people sitting o.O). Just pretty much what Spider said really, about the neck being too thin and the bottom leg too thick (If you think about it, the bottom leg is just the shin bit of your leg, which is thinner than your thigh, and you've done it pretty much the same thickness as the thigh of the other leg). Also, the head might need to be a tiny bit bigger, though it may just seem smaller because the neck is small. Also, the hands are really good!

I was wondering what to draw next, then one of those VS commercials came on tv, and damn, are the womenz sexy, or what?
    Lol, anyways, voila

God damn it, I just remembered, I said I'd do a hand study, meh. I'll do one tomorrow, though it'll be quite messy at first. Clenched fists, open palmed, all of that.... actually I think I'll 3 or so to make up for the times I said I would but just drew a big tittied woman instead, lol.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 02-29-2012 at 02:14 AM.

I really don't like drawing hands, nor do I care much for the humbling feeling that comes with doing so. I spent a few hours on all of these, used up maybe a quarter, maybe a third of an eraser, one of those gum ones, trying to get all these hands looking good. Didn't want to use a reference, thought I could do without, and I thought wrong, I guess.

The mostly useful thing I learny about drawing hands was how to draw them as a basic skeleton sort of thing first, it makes it a bit easier to draw the proportions and an position you want to. Also with hands the easiest thing to do is look at your own hand as a reference. Never the less these look pretty good. The fingers in a lot of them are too short though and the thumbs up in the top left is too blocky. Work on getting the length and shapes right, remember that all the fingers are very different lengths. You've done the pinkies as long as the ring finger when its generally a lot shorter. I really like how you drew the nails!

Quote Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
    So I've been looking at your thread, your past drawings, and what people have to been criting you on...and Ive come to a conclusion. I really think you need to slow down your drawing process.

Based on your past drawing and what people have been telling you on this thread, I know you have a decent amount of art knowledge, but your drawings are still inconsistent. Take for example this "VS commercial" drawing. Her eyes are pretty much touching...I know this isn't a lack of knowledge, because you've drawn eyes very proportionate, almost every time in your past drawings. It seems to me that when you draw you focus too much on the idea of what your drawing, instead of what your actually putting on the paper. Don't rush it:0. And if you did happen to notice the eyes...don't settle! If you see a problem, fix it. We all have to use our eraser at some point.

As for the hands. In my personal opinion, using your own hands as a ref is a bad idea :/ . Me for example, I have huge hands, with longish fingers. But the problem is I often drawn women, and I don't want them to have long man hands. My best advice is to look at other hand refs, and try to fit them to what or whoever you're drawing.

A thing that I've noticed in a couple of your drawings of women. When you draw, do you do a basic skele, or even just the outline of the person, before you add the clothes? when I first started, I tended to draw as I went along (eg head then shoulders, then top, then skirt, then I would add the legs afterwards) and this means that often the legs don't match up with how they should, and they tend to curve in as they reach the skirt etc. In your latest pic, and 1 or 2 before, it seems like this may be what you're doing, so just a suggestion for the future, even if you just draw a light sketch in pencil of where the legs would go with no clothes on, before adding it ontop, it makes it look much more natural.

As for your latest decision, I agree that you should occassionally do more detailed pics, and what NWAP was saying, but don't worry about continuing sketching at the same time. You can do quicker pics or doodles still, its good to get a quick burst of practice, even if you don't post them on your thread here (we don't need to see everything ). I get what you were saying about getting carried away with the pic. but if you're worried about losing an idea or your inspiration, jot down a quick sketch of a sentence outlining what you want to do, then you can spend time on more detail and getting things right, without worrying you'll lose your idea.

looking forwards to new pics