View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

Looking good so far Liebe on the upper arms try to define the muscles a bit more, you have drawn them a little too smooth when if you look at the picture you can see his arm is almost quite lumpy due to his muscles

I don't know why I didn't start doing this a long time ago. See, usually when I got bored of drawing pieces, I'd take a few days off, now I can just make a little comic, nothing major, still learn a bit, and hey, have some fun. I always imagined women having a secret way to communicate, like if one of us displeased on of them, any time they said something like 'I need to powder my nose' they were really telling other members of the sisterhood about us pissing her off or whatever, and asking them how she should get vengeance on the offender's ass, ha ha ha.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 07-04-2012 at 05:00 PM.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

I fixed the arms made them look more muscley, as for the face, he looks happy, meh, I think I should do a study on angry faces, because he's supposed to be pissed, and it looks like he's.... giddy.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

My next work, I'm working on several things on this one, foreshortening, folds, perspective, clothes, movement, anatomy and others. I'm in new territory here, as I haven't really drawn anything like this in a very long time, if ever, so please help me.

Remember these are just guidelines, just the general shape, I know they aren't too good, so yeah.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 07-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.

The legs are ways too short. Also, they seem kind of dettached from the body a little. I think you should make the shoulders a bit broader. In comparison to the body, the legs and arms are really thin, try beefing them up some. Her hands are different sizes, but that might just be their poses.

Hope this helps! I can't wait to see how she'll turn out!

I was still recovering mentally earlier today, so I didn't see these obvious mistakes, sorry. I'll fix them soon, and start the second phase of the piece. Thank you for your critique.

Yeah, I know I said that I've been accepted into job corp, but you know after a month or so of stressing, you don't just recover like that, man I imagine I'll still be a little eh for another day or so, so please forgive any future and past impatience, or sudden eplosions of anger.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 07-10-2012 at 08:10 PM.

Pretty much what JJ said, a tip with the legs; you appear to have drawn a circle at the bottom which represents the lower torso where the legs join. When you draw the legs try to make them flow straight from the hips into the sides of the legs and then for the other leg side make them flow from the subject's crotch and extend down to form the knee running almost parallel with the line from the hips. Let me know if that doesn't make sense, it was tough to explain :L

Also I seem to notice a manikin figure in the background, are you able to message me a quick image of how you represent the pelvis?

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    Now this.. I didn't expect haha. Anyway, her one breast is much larger than the other.

I'll look more at the anatomy post above this one.
    Not a bad job, but her arms are very thin, particularly as they taper toward the wrists. Almost like you could snap her arms off. The other thing is, is she walking? If so her torso should be turned like her legs, and if not then the legs do not give her balance for standing still.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Meh, I knew I forgot to do something.... I'll upload the 2.0 version soon.

I'm still learning the 3/4 perspective.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 07-15-2012 at 02:57 PM.