View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

101 Dalmations Member ScarletHue's Avatar
    The most noticeable flaw with the piece in my opinion is that the shoulders aren't level which makes them appear as though they don't both belong to her or don't connect. They could be angled in the ref perhaps but it doesn't look that way here.
    "The soul has greater need of the ideal than of the real."

-Victor Hugo

Never mind, found it.

I have to be honest, I was very intimidated with attempting a ref piece of this, because I've only really drawn anything in 3/4 like.... 3-4 times, really just heads , and they were pretty bad, but I figured I need to start to draw in 3/4, because one can't really draw everything in front view.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-22-2012 at 04:48 PM.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

Your eye practice is looking much better, especially the top one, there's a lot of emotion that comes across. the pose is looking pretty good so far, and good to see you experiment a bit more. I think her left (our right) arm is a little too thin, and also starts a little high up (only slightly though), making her shoulders look shorter and her breasts start higher up - if you look in the picture, there is quite a large part of flatness between the end of her neck and the start of her breasts, they dont come out at such a strong angle from the beginning of the armpits. Make it slope at a bit less of an angle and that should fix it. Finally, if you're going to add the head to the piece, I suggest making it a bit wider off to our left - the chin is about right, but if you look in the picture, because of the angle and her head is slightly tilted, (our) left cheek nearly is in line with the end of her shoulder (not quite though) so you would need to adjust that on yours. All in all a nice start though

On her left leg instead of making it like a rounded rectangle try to angle it down so it then curves into the circle to form the knee looking good so far and the eye practice was very good

Thanks for the crit, I'm fixing up the mistakes right now, when I get them fixed, I'll start working on the second phase of the piece. As for the eyes, I personally really love the job I did of drawing the first pair, I was concerned I may have made her gaze look too intense, and the lashes, well, and eye brows I think still need work, I recall someone saying that Eyebrows can really make or break a face, you know? However to be fair, it is a solid improvement from the old way I drew eye brows. The retinas, well, I don't know, I guess I can look around for tired eyes, or something, get some practice on those, and the iris is done... or is it the cornea, eh.... anyways, it's okay work, but I think it's a little simple the way I drew it, and so I should work more on that, maybe add more details.

As for the ScarJo piece, well the 3/4 stance, or whatever you'd call it, I'm going to try and draw more poses in that, really broaden my horizens as an artist, so look forward to more pieces like this in different poses. Before I get too into drawing only women again, I'm going to try and do the same for men, and work on drawing dudes in 3/4 perspective, I'm going to try and work on as much as possible when drawing these pieces, anatomy, muscles, clothes, folds, all of that stuff, so there may be more of a gap between these phases. I know I shouldn't be trying to work on too much at once... but damn it, I'm bored so yeah, ha ha ha.

Again, though, I really do appreciate the crits, and I'll be more mindful of them, and be sure to use them when drawing. There might be times I forget something, just so you know, I don't ignore crits, I just don't always remember them, but I'll try to keep them all in mind. Thanks again.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-23-2012 at 07:35 PM.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

Folds, eye brows definetly need work, eye brows give her too much of a suggestive look, I think they need to be drawn with a softer angle, maybe. Folds, well, they might look better once I get into the last phase of this piece. Though, I've been thinking of adding a 4th phase where I do some light coloring, cause that's another thing I need to work on.

I made some epic comics, bwa ha ha.

Finally dude! It was like two months since you said that you wanted to do comics, and this is the first time since that you post some Keep it up

Sorry it took so long, I'll try and post comics frequently.

Thank you.

I'm going to start a series that I've been wanting to do, might be a while, I want to come up with some characters and some sets, places scenery, whatever it's called. So look forward to that.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-29-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Was looking around for a sexy woman to draw, and no matter what just wasn't feeling it, so I decided to switch over and work on male anatomy. I was unsure of who to draw, then I realized I haven't worked on muscular anatomy as much as possible so I started to work on this. It was this or maybe Leonidas, I think I'll do a ref piece of him after this one.

I'm worried I made him a bit fat, ha ha ha.