View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233 LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

Well, those are just the outlines, I'll be changing them up some when I go more in depth with the drawing.

part two of the process, is it any better?

I really should do a study on eyes, fuckin bride of chucky eyes, man. Study on noses wouldn't hurt, and I don't think I ever got around to that facial expression study. You know, I just remembered something, the hair, is all lines, I think it was Rubisko who said it looks better when you shade hair instead of drawing all the strands. Might've been Nwap.... hm.... anyways, I'll try and erase all those lines and re do the hair, so it looks more natural.

Sorry about the excessive cursing, I've been stressed lately, there's a lot riding on this Job Corp thing, you know?
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-19-2012 at 12:31 AM.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

You're breaking the illusion of weight with the chain over her right (our left) shoulder. It needs to follow the contours of her body. That strange straightening of the curve as it nears the top of her shoulder makes it feel like it's just floating there and then bam, no volume. In the picture it has a nice subtle upside down "J" shape as it wraps around her.

Be careful of these lines in your figure.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    OK, first thing that I notice is her neck. Or her lack thereof, it's way too tiny considering everything else. Her head is also too tiny. Or everything else is too big. Your choice. :P

Furthermore, considering the angle of her torso, I think we should see some more of her hidden leg. You do have some nice shading going on, IMO.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Correct the left side((your left)). Build up the neck some ((I'd like to avoid building too much, lest she should look like a Giraffe)), as for the head, I'll try and make it a bit bigger, see if that mskes things look more proportionate.

So, overall, Liebe get C? I personally thought it was B work, but eh. Also, thank you Kasey, and Bacon, and yes, I think I did okay on the shading, I was a little worried I shaded in the areas where the light was on a bit too dark, though, still need a lot of work on light dark contrast, and lighting. That's one of the things I'd like to iron out over the next few pieces. Thinking back to what someone said..... again it might've been Rubi.... maybe Nwap.... one of them said I needed to slow down my drawing process.... I think I need to do that more. I think I'm still moving a bit too fast, I need to slow down more and iron out the mess ups in the basic outlines, before going in with the details, and again slow down there, and iron out those, before going into heavy shading and 'inking' my piece.

I apologize for neglecting all this, it won't happen again, I swear on my love for me puppies.

Well, after I make the proper corrections and do the final work on the piece, I'm going to do a study on Eyes ((Eye brows, too, I remember someone saying that they can make or break emotion of a face, so I better learn to draw them well)) and noses ((I still draw them with lines and not so much with shading, Nwap or Nextweek said shading is better... I think it might've been someone else, not sure, but yes, I need to work on shading noses, gues they look better that way in realistic art. Lol, a little slow to realize, but the hair still needs a lot of work, I think I'll do a study on hair, as well. The hair is really cluttered, ugh. Ears, too, haven't much headway when drawing ears,I know I still make the same mistakes, so the next ref drawing I do will have a woman who's ears are visible, so I can work on ears some, and a study on them as well. Hm, or should I do those studies before I draw another reference piece?
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-19-2012 at 01:20 PM.
    Life is like a book, in that the avoiding experiences is like skipping a page, and staying in on weekends is like skipping a chapter.

Voila.

I'm not great with anatomy, or portions, or positioning, so i won't even try to comment on that, one thing i do notice is your lines are very shakey, and lines that should be a smooth curve are not.

I'm sorry, linework has always been one of the things that's always given me a lot of trouble.

I found a nice picture of Scarlett Johansson, so I'm going to do a ref piece of her next. Don't worry, I'll do the studies too, look forward to a huge upload from me on Friday. If I recall right, I need to do a study on eyes, noses, ears, and Hair, though I could stand to do a study on mouths. Hm... maybe Saturday then. Then again, I could split those studies up, do a couple of those along with my ScarJo ref piece, and then the others along with the next, yeah, I'll do that.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-20-2012 at 12:08 PM.

A tip for line-art: IN No POSSIBLE WAY SHOULD YOU DRAW LINES IN LONG SLOW STROKES....unless you draw digitally and can either use stabilizers or transform the lines. Try practicing long fast strokes. Learn how to control your arm and in what direction its going....trust me it will help you a lot with drawing line-art.....and sticking the key into the lock on the first try
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

I should do that, my line arting is a little lackluster, to put it nicely. To be fair, they are getting a little bit better, ja?

Oh, looks forward to an upload of a study on eyes, and the outline of Scarlett Johansson, I'm going to try and get these done soon as possible, so I can get to the next project and get that done by monday night so I have something to upload, because chances are, I won't have time to do much drawing for a few days, maybe a week.