View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

Nameless right now, I'm leaning towards either an Amazonian name or naming her after one of the Gerudo in Oot or MM.

Is this one a rogue, a barbarian, or half-and-half?... Her clothes definitely say sneaky sod, but that axe says otherwise... Just wondering, through, mind. I actually think it's bad to make the class too obvious. There is a Drow translator here if you need help with names, also.

General art stuff; Proportions seem pretty good. Maybe her hands and feet are too small, and her eyes perhaps too close together, but both as such are sorta common mistakes...

One other tiny (and perhaps nit-picky) issue is that chainmail is really heavy and would totally weigh down those baggy pants. Just one extra line underneath could have indicated a metal plate holding it up, but eh... You did a pretty good job making it look like as such in the first place, so I guess I really shouldn't complain. u-_-

Hm, lol, sorry, I was too focused on making her look bad ass that I didn't really think about those things. I'll re-draw her tomorrow, and she's a barbarian. I'll post a pic of my Rogue character tomorrow along with a re-drawn Barbarian.

Swap the armour with something with spikes lots and lots of spikes!!!! Like the skyrim Ancient Nord Armour! (JK) Anyway, on a serious note I would say that your ankles are too thin (probably a result of small feet) and this is more a personal thing but I think where her body reappears at the breast base is to small and you could bulk that up a bit if that makes sense :L she's looking good Liebe
    Last edited by Demonfyre; 06-14-2012 at 07:08 AM.

Something pissed me off quite a bit today, so I took time to cool down before drawing, lol, that might've caused me to hulk up even more, cause seriously, I had a green tint in my skin, and was speaking in a more monosyllabic way than I do even now, ha ha ha.

Uh, I'm crossing into new territory, trying out poses in the 3/4 position, I'll be uploading a hopefully better version of my 2 of my DnD characters, hopefully this time the barbarian looks more like a barbarian, but not too much, ha ha ha. The Rogue.... not sure, don't know any rogues, maybe go for like a female version of Cary Elwes' Dread Pirate Roberts, if that sounds good enough, look forward to it.

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I has a recommendation for you just as far as drawing is concerned.

Just for awhile, do only lineart, then wait two days and ink it. In another two days tone it.
    ^^Purely a suggestion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.

Awwww.... but MAAAAAAAAAAAAAA, I wanted to draw like the other kids-throws down pencil, and turns away and folds his arms- HA HA HA HA HA, lol, so silly.....

Joking aside, I suppose I could try it out, the extra time between drawing it inking and toning will allow me to see what I can do to improve it between inking and shit like that, is that the point? Either way, it's a great suggestion, and though I'd rather not, I guess it's best to listen to ones superiors, and heed their advice.

For those that are curious about what that thing is on the right of the first barbarian, it's the camera wrist strap, that's all it is. Guess I wasn't paying enough attention when I took the picture.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 06-14-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Don't even bother with toning at this point. That's really not something you need to worry about.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

All my critiques and suggestions have been said, so all that's left is a great job. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, my main focus should still be things like line work anatomy and poses, create a solid foundation for any future stuff I work on.