View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Duane/027.jpg

Sorry it took so long. Again, some parts I just drew real fast to get it over with.

umm....
    Have you gone through fanarts ?
    I mean it really helps .
    1. Helps you understand at that very moment what went WRONG.
    2. You get to critic yourself.
    3. Motivating

its just not only you draw but sets a target for you to acheive that (reference pic/fanart) with perfection.

ahhh...
    Wrong for the last one
    1. Anatomy.
    2. Heights.
    So far i can say that.
    Its no really good if you just take critics
    you have to realize yourself and rectify it .
    Because i am gona say the same thing what earlier is been said .
    AND SORRY IF OTHERS GO AGAINST ME AND IF YOU ARE HURT.

One Thousand Member Ozzaharwood's Avatar
    You've improved quite a bit since I last critiqued your artwork, but something is still missing. I'm not sure if someone has said this already, but the thing I'm seeing that you are lacking in your drawings is confidence. You see this a lot with amateur aspiring artists—even I did it up until a little while ago—and it's line confidence. When you draw, even while sketching, you should try to keep straight, fluid lines that don't break and don't come out jagged. The best way to do this is use your full arm and full wrist, and make fast, smooth movements in your sketch. This is especially important when drawing hair, as hair flows naturally and you want it to look that way. You should also take classes or look up tutorials for shading/clothing folds. I still can't draw folds very well from my mind; it's a very hard thing to master. Shading is fairly similar, except if you draw from life or draw a copy of another's artwork with shading, it'll eventually come naturally to you. I think I mentioned this before, but you should check out Mark Crilley's tutorial videos on Youtube. Even if you think they aren't doing you any good, you'll at least be watching how a sketch is formed and how shading and folds are drawn. I myself also find them fun to watch, and believe that they have helped me a lot over my art life.

If you'd like, I could supply you with some tutorials that I think may help. Just ask and you shall recieve, but right now I have to get ready for school. Hope that this helped, and welcome back. c:
    Last edited by Ozzaharwood; 02-16-2012 at 06:58 AM.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Duane/031.jpg

A bit of Naruto fan art, wanted to start with something relatively easy, even then it ain't too good, ha ha ha.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Duane/032.jpg

Medusa, again, I think this is a good bit better than the last Medusa I drew in GB.

Since you asked. . . What Oz said pretty much hit the nail on the head for most of what I'm seeing. More confidence, more fluidity.

I'd like to add that while getting critique is awsome and can be highly helpful it's not going to single handedly make you into a great artist. When someone suggests you work on something you'd better study the hell out of it. Watch/read tutorials, try different excersizes, look at reference, draw something you've never drawn before. A lot of the most important things I learned about drawing, and I'm sure others will agree, I had to teach myself through constant practice and research.

Onto the drawings. I feel like I'm kind of seeing the same thing from you over and over, just with little varriations. I'm talking same head angle, same pose just with the arms moved about and then maybe toss some different clothes and hair in there. Expand a little. Try some gesture drawings or action poses or maybe just a more fluid standing or sitting pose. Study the head and face from different angles. While you're at it why not toss in a little study on individual body parts or facial expression?

Your proportions have obviously improved so I know you're listening that much. The most important part of critique is coming back with a drawing and showing the people that took the time to help you that their advice was put to good use. Just saying, well I learn slow so don't expect much, is going to drive your critics away faster than an outbreak of plague.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

I never liked studying, personally, but I suppose it would be wise to start doing studies on independent body parts. I'll start looking at some of Mark Crilley's tutorials, again, that'll surely help. Could you recommend some excersizes? I'll work on posting a wider of variety of drawings, working on different poses hair styles all that stuff. I wanted to try this before, I was just unsure wether I was ready to try it, I apologise for being wrong in that regard. I'll work harder to try and do all of this, I will, apologies for not completely following through with all of this.

Jiraiya in action pose, sorry I couldn't get the legs in there, I'll work on it.

Next one will be a study on either Eyes or Hands, not sure... actually, no.... Hands.

I know this isn't excactly a study, but there's other things I'm doing at the moment, so I'll post more later when I have more time.
    Last edited by Mr_Liebe; 02-18-2012 at 11:48 PM.

wow!!
    That naruto , wow ! Its really good . Nice work . I know how you felt when you completed that naruto.
    As for medusa i remember her playing in DOTA games. Hmm
    whats wrong is ofcouse
    ANATOMY
    1.her hands too muscular. Make it a bit thinner.
    2. Boobs (oh come on make that part sexier) i mean perfect .
    3. Ya the overall ratio between the head and body is not right .
    Body should have been little bigger.
    Suggestion:-
    1.fanarts again , you are good at that
    2.look out for more references . A FULL body pose dealing with anatomy.
    Xtra suggestion:-(optional)
    1. Draw ANTIMAGE for anatomy . (Dota game) he he
    2. Mark crilley arts.
    And once again
    that naruto is awesome !!

umm...
    Yes work on hands too.
    Her right hand
    1. Too muscular, usaually female hand muscles they dont bulge out much like male in free state .
    Her left hand
    1. I think her fingers are not goin for the arrows , direction is wrong.
    2. Lower part you made it way too curve , it seems like elastic hand, make it straight.
    Suggestion
    1. Yeah work on more a bit realism.
    2. Mimic the pose infront of a mirror, to get better idea of hands .