View Poll Results: What do I need to improve on the most?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Facial expressions

4 30.77%
  • Hair

4 30.77%
  • Hands

5 38.46%
  • Clothes

2 15.38%
  • Poses

6 46.15%
  • Shading

6 46.15%
  • line work

6 46.15%
  • feet

5 38.46%
  • coloring

2 15.38%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Liebe's Art Eye see you

Quote Originally Posted by Liebe View Post
    Yep, could you critique my drawing?
    uhhh

pretty much the same everyone else is saying, I cant top them.. :C

For the first drawing on the 1st page;
    -the hair makes the head look really big
    -All the facial features are out of proportion, EX. Big ears, and a small nose/mouth. A good thing to remember is the top of ears is right where the top of eyes start too.
    Noses are around the size of an eye as well.

Guess im just confirming and agreeing with them... Damn them having good crits at first..

use all the advice from dose crits when u make it plz

I won't say too much on this one since you've got some good advice for it. The boobs look pretty awkward, almost as if she's wearing a bra, only she isn't. I think they are too big, but it could also just be what shadow said about the thin waist. The hands and arms are very small and thin in this too, a good rule of thumb for hands is that they should be roughly the size of the character's face. The shoulders seem to curve upwards too much and it makes the character look bulky combined with the big boobs.
    Not so much about anatomy but more just about drawing mermaids in general: When you add the tail to the mermaid the join is traditionally V shaped, and further down the body like shadow suggested to make it look smexy. The fattest part of the tail should be the same width as the shoulders, because they are like the hips of a normal women.

Don't just wait till the next drawing to try out everyone's advice. Even if you just spend another half hour on the pic trying out the suggestions it will help the advice stick in your mind. I always find it really helpful because I see how much difference it makes. Its like giving a redline to yourself almost.

Like I said, it might help to go back and fix things after you post here. It might also help to do less finished drawings. What I mean is instead of spending ages working on a complete picture spend some time drawing a whole bunch of basic skeletons in different positions, or doing a study on one particular body part you want to improve.

Here's a new drawing, ignore the water marks.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/a..._Duane/026.jpg

Oh, and there's a drawing on the second page of a mermaid, if you could crit that as well, I'd appreciate it.

for that one, its good you are trying full body be aware of the head to body ratio.

your picture has only around 4 1/2 heads high, an average human has around 7 1/2 - 8

you should be aiming for 6-8 heads high if you can.

One Thousand Member indescribable's Avatar
    Realistically, 6 heads tall is about the proportion you would see in a 6 year old child; however, in more stylized cartoons you could probably get away with drawing a teen at 6 heads. 7 1/2 to 8 heads is ideal for most adults.

SPOILER! :

Not necessarily, just stretch the person out more. Take up all of the paper, use a bigger piece, or, if you have to, attach another one.

No problem, I can be pretty insensitive, lol. Also it's Taylour. S'cool you remembered about the spelling at all, most people don't.

I also forgot to mention that you've definitely improved since I last saw your art, so props for that.

I like the new drawing just reinforcing what the others said about the height of her really. I think you got the upper proportions much better on this new piece than the mermaid