Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Questions :)

Awh, this kid reminds me of me when I was 13. I remember writing a full 90+ page screenplay and thinking I was gonna make it big in Hollywood off the back of it. Oh, those were the days.

Then I grew up and realised if you want to make it as a Hollywood screenwriter (assuming you don't live in Los Angeles or New York City and have a shit load of good connections) the only way to get into writing movies is via writing novels. Now I couldn't think of anything worse than letting a bunch of bloodsuckers like the Hollywood film industry anywhere near anything anyone of any credibility had ever written.

Anyway, let the kid have his little dream. Its nice to have a goal, even if it is unattainable. When he grows up and realises how the world works he'll wise up. Not that I give a shit about any of this, it just makes me feel all nostalgic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Harvester_Of_Sorrow View Post
    Awh, this kid reminds me of me when I was 13. I remember writing a full 90+ page screenplay and thinking I was gonna make it big in Hollywood off the back of it. Oh, those were the days.

Then I grew up and realised if you want to make it as a Hollywood screenwriter (assuming you don't live in Los Angeles or New York City and have a shit load of good connections) the only way to get into writing movies is via writing novels. Now I couldn't think of anything worse than letting a bunch of bloodsuckers like the Hollywood film industry anywhere near anything anyone of any credibility had ever written.

Anyway, let the kid have his little dream. Its nice to have a goal, even if it is unattainable. When he grows up and realises how the world works he'll wise up. Not that I give a shit about any of this, it just makes me feel all nostalgic.

I can see that it brings back memories of your fail, watch who you're calling kid, i'm soon 17 and fuck this, if i wont get serialized with Shonen Jump there is a possibility they would mention my death. Anyways, i don't hold the life dear, and i don't really give a fuck about it either. I found out that it's possible to get serialized, and i will get serialized, through work or either death. I know you all probably laugh at what i'm typing, but this was my first real decision in my whole 16 years, and i'm not backing down on it, there's 2 ways for me to get serialized, be it either through hard work & effort and luck, or simply death.

Regantor, as Kodo said "I don't even know why he's on this forum"
    Don't tell other people to leave when you're nothing here yourself, thanks.

And no, i will prove it to you all, i will work like no one has ever done before, i will take tips about drawing & gfx from this site. I'll also watch the tutorials here, when 1 year will pass, i will post my manga here, and the things i would draw, i will simply be here to let you know that i still didn't gave up on it, and that i'm not just a talk. Also remember, dont "kidd" me, i don't like it. Refer to me as either my real name, middle name, or my forum name.

Haha, I literally stopped myself from posting "Prepare to get insulted Hos, in 3... 2... 1..."

Kodos is a moderator, and it's out of his kindness that this thread has not been locked and your account deleted. I've been around for at least five years, HoS practically for longer than anyone else on the forum.

That makes your definition of 'nothing' is quite interesting indeed.

I guess at least this thread will make a good hyperlink for when the next one comes along.
    Last edited by Regantor; 02-06-2012 at 05:21 PM.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Niizuma View Post
    I can see that it brings back memories of your fail, watch who you're calling kid, i'm soon 17 and fuck this
    Sweet Jesus fuck. I thought you were, like, 12-14. You're nearly 17 and you're this obstinate, stubborn, and childish. Really? You are nearly 17 years old, living in 2011, and you are acting like a child, making your momma insults, and using faggot as a slur?

@_@

if i wont get serialized with Shonen Jump there is a possibility they would mention my death.
    "If I don't get my way I'll kill myself because I'm an adult! Take me seriously! Pay attention to me! I'm an adult! Why can't I sit at the big people table! I'm not a kid! I'm not!"

Anyways, i don't hold the life dear, and i don't really give a fuck about it either. I found out that it's possible to get serialized, and i will get serialized, through work or either death.
    ...You can't get serialized through death. What.

I know you all probably laugh at what i'm typing, but this was my first real decision in my whole 16 years, and i'm not backing down on it, there's 2 ways for me to get serialized, be it either through hard work & effort and luck, or simply death.
    Um... No. There is zero ways. And what the fuck are you even going on getting serialized through death.

Regantor, as Kodo said "I don't even know why he's on this forum"
    Don't tell other people to leave when you're nothing here yourself, thanks.
    You have no idea how sarcasm works, do you? Reg is incredibly talented, and he's here because he's a talented artist, a good friend, and since he's not a belligerent child, people find his company enjoyable.

And no, i will prove it to you all, i will work like no one has ever done before, i will take tips about drawing & gfx from this site. I'll also watch the tutorials here, when 1 year will pass, i will post my manga here, and the things i would draw, i will simply be here to let you know that i still didn't gave up on it, and that i'm not just a talk. Also remember, dont "kidd" me, i don't like it. Refer to me as either my real name, middle name, or my forum name.
    "AND IT'LL THE BE THE BEST MANGA. IT'LL HAVE BLACKJACK. AND HOOKERS. AND IT'LL BE AWESOME! YOU'LL SEE! I HATE YOU DAD!"

Anyway, HoS, I think the reason we are getting involved is because most of us see an extremely delusional child, and are trying to spare them lots of heartache and wasted time. Plus if he moves to Japan, that's just setting himself up for a life of poverty. Dropping out of school to work on a dream that's about as plausible as a perpetual energy machine is more than childish daydreaming, it's dangerous and something that can fuck you over for life.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

The thing I'm confused about is that nobody actually told him to give up completely. The advice given early in the thread was basically "Might want to get a dayjob aswell so you don't starve to death." I know, teenage melodrama and that, but I tend to take people suggesting that I not die as a good thing... That and giving me some stepping stones towards the things I want, free of charge.

Hell, the only reason I'm getting so wound up about this all is because if Bacon, Clock, Sutari and myself hadn't jumped in at the very first post and tried to let him down softly, it all would have been the standard trollothon which usually happens.

In future it might be an idea to simply create a "Do western guys actually get published in Japan?" thread, sticky it, then axe/move all future topics of this kind for easier moderation.
    Last edited by Regantor; 02-06-2012 at 05:44 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    The thing I'm confused about is that nobody actually told him to give up completely. The advice given early in the thread was basically "Might want to get a dayjob aswell so you don't starve to death." I know, teenage melodrama and that, but I tend to take people suggesting that I not die as a good thing... That and giving me some stepping stones towards the things I want, free of charge.

Hell, the only reason I'm getting so wound up about this all is because if Bacon, Clock, Sutari and myself hadn't jumped in at the very first post and tried to let him down softly, it all would have been the standard trollothon which usually happens.

In future it might be an idea to simply create a "Do western guys actually get published in Japan?" thread, sticky it, then axe/move all future topics of this kind for easier moderation.

You're all clearly hanging it that way, you're clearly showing it to me that i should give up, if you're denying that yourselves it's purely retardness, anyways, i'll type these words from my heart, i clearly don't give a fuck about what you guys think, and i take back my apologize, you were after all nothing but low-lifes, i hope i wont be a dick like you guys, when i reach the age 25, i really hope i will still have the will & ambitions at that age. Lock this thread, i'm tired of playing with y'all.

Im actually just going to ban you

man i wanted 2 get trolled too

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Listen, I read through all of this. And all I can say is, I hope you took in at least something from what these guys were trying to tell you. Your dream is your dream, and I'm glad you have so much ambition to follow that dream and make it happen.
    But life isn't a dream. You have to really cooperate and make sacrifices. Not to mention you're only 17 and got a ways to go.

Best of luck.

What really bothers me are your reasons. You don't want to make a manga to tell stories, but rather to have an anime in Japanese. You're being "driven" by some kind of childish revenge and the "I will prove you wrong". And you are not aware of the sacrifices it takes to achieve your goal, it's already hard for the common person to pay for a place to sleep and something to eat, you need to be aware that life is quiet hard and you are just making your life more impossible for yourself (in some ways we are trying to not mess your own life).

A lot of people in here have a lot of experience, not necessarily in comics, but they have in art, drawing, writing and other medias. There are also many members who pay rents, have to work and so on, they will tell you how hard is life. We might look like trying to break you or something like that, but we are (in some way) trying to help you, to not make a mistake you're going to regret.

Also, as an advice, don't tell people "I'm going to make it and I will prove everyone wrong and I will post all my success here". Because at the end you might be working as a retailer, your work might not have the desired quality and you are just going to look bad. And if you make it, no one would care, no one is going to feel like "oh man, why I didn't believe in him?". So its a pretty bad decision, if you fail your are going to look bad and if you success no one will care.