Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Questions :)

Banned

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by saphira View Post
    Listen. You think it makes no sense because you don't want to see sense in it. At least that's what I could gather.

Please try re-reading the earlier posts as advice from OLDER and MORE EXPERIENCED people who've already been there done that, rather than shit thrown at you for discouraging you or pulling you down. Just try looking at it from other person's point of view.

I'd like to tell more, but that wouldn't help the cause at all, rather only makes it worse. SO please try re-reading at least the first 2-3 pages without thinking or feeling that the rest of the world is your enemy or trying to pull you down.

If we'd told that to you, we'd be like the worst people ever. Look, you are in the 9th grade right now. People here are much much older and know what the world is like. How hard one must work in order to survive - get food, maintain shelter and still pursue dreams. All that advice was given taking into account everything, not just randomly. If you don't want to pay any attention and only take in the cuss and insults and behave like a stone wall, just go.

Okay, maybe not everyone was posting negative & troll shit, but i wont either say that no one posted unneccesary shit that started the chaos. Anyhow, i guess i owe a sorry to the Reg dude & Bacon.

I figured as much that it would be hard to draw everyday, i figured that it would be hard to get into Japan, it will be hard to even let em notice my Manga. I know that, what i asked was for a bit of tips like how i could let it get noticed, how i could Shonen Jump to notice me.

Anyhow, thanks for the advices those who were trying to help.

Okay, I'm not sure if these help, but there are similar threads in "Drawing Animation and Tutorials" Section. I looked through the first two pages and found these:
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...blishing-manga!
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...m-USA-gt-Japan

You can look through the whole section, you might find more of such threads. Reg already told there are a lot of people looking for the same thing. Also, that section is really helpful. I'm sure you'll find more helpful stuff, all related to drawing, comic creation, animation etc.

We just didn't want to get your head in the clouds. It's awesome that you want to work towards it. Just make DAMN Sure you have a Plan B to fall back on. Don't make this your only thing in life. That's what Reg was getting at in the beginning.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I am posting from my phone on the bus. I'll elaborate more when I get home in a bit for now, OP, Fail consider this a warning to tone it down.
    Expect more detail in30-40mins

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    I am posting from my phone on the bus. I'll elaborate more when I get home in a bit for now, OP, Fail consider this a warning to tone it down.
    Expect more detail in30-40mins

Didn't really get anything there.

I've got a headache, I'm sleepy, and I'm nauseous. In spite of that, I'm going to try and address everything. If I miss something, please someone let me know and I'll get to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Niizuma View Post
    Let me start off by laughing at you, i actually need to screen this. "Determination, ambition, and will are meaningless?"
    Did you read past my first sentence? At all? Determination, ambition, and will are absolutely meaningless in the absence of means by which to bring them to realization. You cannot will sickness away, you need to see a doctor. You cannot will yourself muscles, you need to exercise. So on and so forth. Before you dismiss something, you should probably read it.

I have nothing to reply to you, ohh yeah though, next time you'll type something in that "lecture-style" of yours, make sure that it's true, also, at the end of your lesson, don't forget to type "in my opinion" or it'll be just looking funny, like it does now.
    People don't need to append "in my opinion" to their opinions, because people understand that when someone is speaking, they are stating their own views, unless otherwise noted. Also if this is the manner in which you respond to criticism you do not like, how in the name of Eris do you plan to survive in the world of popular media?

Edit: Also, about that unrealistic timeframes, you don't know much i work right? You could not either know that i draw everyday, practicing in order to achieve something???... So, to put it simple, don't run bullshit if you dont know anything about the person you're talking about.
    I don't know how much you work or practice, nor does it matter. You could be some kind of cybernetic ubermensch and it still would not make an iota of difference. I do have serious reservations about your actual skill, and even more serious ones about your professionalism, but if you read my point, and the point others made, you'd see we are arguing that one of the reasons you will never be in shonen jump is because you are not Japanese. You are a gaijin. I am unaware of any amount of practice that can suddenly make a person Japanese.

Again, read my post. As I pointed out, skill is irrelevant when the hurdle you must surpass is that of a racist culture. If you were the greatest mangaka to ever walk this planet there is a slim chance you might, just maybe, get in shonen jump, but something tells me you are not the greatest mangaka to ever walk the planet, and that you will not be the lucky foreigner who smashed down the walls of racism and xenophobia and scored a powerful victory in the name of tolerance and understanding.

Give me a flying break, you all being experienced, no, not really, sorry for breaking your status or whatever you though about yourself. You might be friendly with people here and they might be friendly to you cuz you were here long time. But, you're really not experienced, and that, even i can tell. The only experienced guy i saw so long was Sutari, in my eyes, and in my opinion.
    Yes, I agree. Reg is very much lacking in experience. I don't know why he's even on these boards, to be honest.
    But even in your magical fantasy world where Reg is inexperienced, so what? One can criticize something without being skilled in that thing. Do you need to be a chef in order to tell if a meal is delicious or not? If I had my chef friend cook you a literal pile of shit and serve it to you, would you be forbidden from commenting on the meal because you are not the experienced chef he is?
    Knowledge in a field certainly helps, and lends weight to and credibility to opinion, but many people are fully capable and qualified to make judgments on certain things without being experts on them.

That line was funny, i made this topic to see what people though about my resolve, i didn't make it to change my decision, i didn't either type it ANYWHERE in my post that i would change it, from the first post, everyone started to think that the post was about "Why should i not try to get serialized with Shonen Jump" ??? C'mon, being experienced & have knowledge is about encourage others to fight to the end, to help people out with questions and draw tips, that's what it's called to wanting someone to succeed. Not a single post had "I wish you good luck" or any kind of lines in that type.
    I knew my best friend's niece when she was a small child. Very small. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd usually answer "a light bulb, or maybe a butterfly." I suppose her parents were very poor caregivers for allowing her to lose her resolve, and not encouraging her in her grand quest to become a lighting apparatus or winged insect.

When someone has a realistic goal, the proper thing to do is to offer encouragement and support. When someone has an utterly unrealistic goal the proper thing to do is to point out how and why it is unrealistic, so that the person in question does not waste massive amounts of time, energy, and money trying to do the impossible.
    The odds of you, or of any gaijin, being published in shonen jump are only slightly greater than America having an openly Muslim president in our lifetime.
    Your goal is unrealistic in the extreme, and if you pursue it at the expense of other, doable, goals you will only hurt yourself. As I said before, if you want to do manga, that's cool, and I hope you pursue that goal. But if your goal is to be published in shonen jump, and you put all your eggs in that basket and aim solely for that, that's a different story.

I am too tired and lazy to quote all your other posts, but I'll try and wrap it up. If you take issue and want me to point out specific quotes, I'm more then happy to.

Your attitude towards Japan reeks of the immature, unrealistic, and blind idealism endemic to weaboos. That does not give people confidence in you, because quite frankly it makes you look like a naive idiot. Your attitude towards criticism betrays extreme unprofessionalism, and makes you look like a child. Your literally childish name calling and use of 'fag' as an insult just makes you look extremely young, and awful in about equal measure. You are demanding people take you seriously - and we are - and then not only doing everything you can to make us *not* take you seriously, but complaining when we do.

I'm not going to close this thread, because I'm hoping you'll actually read this, and maybe learn something. I'm sure that there are members of this forum here who are willing to help you improve your art skills, and people in this thread who can help you find out what you need to do if you are serious about getting published, and how to look into that stuff. I could go on about my own experiences as a writer, and how difficult it is to get published, and how much of it is blind luck and social networking, but that's pretty much unrelated, and I don't need to justify myself to you.

As for you, Fail; first of all, ableism is not cool, man, and there are plenty of things you could have called him besides retarded. Second of all, while the OP was being a petulant child, and a little snark or nastiness may have been justified, that was out of line. Watch it, broski.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by saphira View Post
    Okay, I'm not sure if these help, but there are similar threads in "Drawing Animation and Tutorials" Section. I looked through the first two pages and found these:
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...blishing-manga!
    http://www.mangatutorials.com/forum/...m-USA-gt-Japan

You can look through the whole section, you might find more of such threads. Reg already told there are a lot of people looking for the same thing. Also, that section is really helpful. I'm sure you'll find more helpful stuff, all related to drawing, comic creation, animation etc.

We just didn't want to get your head in the clouds. It's awesome that you want to work towards it. Just make DAMN Sure you have a Plan B to fall back on. Don't make this your only thing in life. That's what Reg was getting at in the beginning.

Okay, i've pretty much read those 2 links, and it says basicly the same, closest i can get is to become USA Manga Artist. Alright, let's say i could agree on writing manga for USA, but the problem is, i want my manga to get real, i want it to become lively at a time it's super popular, and that would really be no point in doing the USA shit, since there is not a single chance in the world i'll accept an anime with english voice actors, especially if that would be my own anime... Well, thanks for the answers & links, they're all basicly leading & saying the same things. I've a really strong resolve about getting serialized in Japan, and i'm starting to think if it was wrong to take it... There is no way i'd back down, and i don't either want to back down, i can be honest and tell that i would get pulverized if i would fail to get serialization in Japan, but let's say again that i would be happy if i tried my whole life. I don't really know, real gambling, i could be lucky and they could notice me = serialization, or i could really past this with 20-30 years without succeding... Hard stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    I've got a headache, I'm sleepy, and I'm nauseous. In spite of that, I'm going to try and address everything. If I miss something, please someone let me know and I'll get to it.

Did you read past my first sentence? At all? Determination, ambition, and will are absolutely meaningless in the absence of means by which to bring them to realization. You cannot will sickness away, you need to see a doctor. You cannot will yourself muscles, you need to exercise. So on and so forth. Before you dismiss something, you should probably read it.

People don't need to append "in my opinion" to their opinions, because people understand that when someone is speaking, they are stating their own views, unless otherwise noted. Also if this is the manner in which you respond to criticism you do not like, how in the name of Eris do you plan to survive in the world of popular media?

I don't know how much you work or practice, nor does it matter. You could be some kind of cybernetic ubermensch and it still would not make an iota of difference. I do have serious reservations about your actual skill, and even more serious ones about your professionalism, but if you read my point, and the point others made, you'd see we are arguing that one of the reasons you will never be in shonen jump is because you are not Japanese. You are a gaijin. I am unaware of any amount of practice that can suddenly make a person Japanese.

Again, read my post. As I pointed out, skill is irrelevant when the hurdle you must surpass is that of a racist culture. If you were the greatest mangaka to ever walk this planet there is a slim chance you might, just maybe, get in shonen jump, but something tells me you are not the greatest mangaka to ever walk the planet, and that you will not be the lucky foreigner who smashed down the walls of racism and xenophobia and scored a powerful victory in the name of tolerance and understanding.

Yes, I agree. Reg is very much lacking in experience. I don't know why he's even on these boards, to be honest.
    But even in your magical fantasy world where Reg is inexperienced, so what? One can criticize something without being skilled in that thing. Do you need to be a chef in order to tell if a meal is delicious or not? If I had my chef friend cook you a literal pile of shit and serve it to you, would you be forbidden from commenting on the meal because you are not the experienced chef he is?
    Knowledge in a field certainly helps, and lends weight to and credibility to opinion, but many people are fully capable and qualified to make judgments on certain things without being experts on them.

I knew my best friend's niece when she was a small child. Very small. When asked what she wanted to be when she grew up, she'd usually answer "a light bulb, or maybe a butterfly." I suppose her parents were very poor caregivers for allowing her to lose her resolve, and not encouraging her in her grand quest to become a lighting apparatus or winged insect.

When someone has a realistic goal, the proper thing to do is to offer encouragement and support. When someone has an utterly unrealistic goal the proper thing to do is to point out how and why it is unrealistic, so that the person in question does not waste massive amounts of time, energy, and money trying to do the impossible.
    The odds of you, or of any gaijin, being published in shonen jump are only slightly greater than America having an openly Muslim president in our lifetime.
    Your goal is unrealistic in the extreme, and if you pursue it at the expense of other, doable, goals you will only hurt yourself. As I said before, if you want to do manga, that's cool, and I hope you pursue that goal. But if your goal is to be published in shonen jump, and you put all your eggs in that basket and aim solely for that, that's a different story.

I am too tired and lazy to quote all your other posts, but I'll try and wrap it up. If you take issue and want me to point out specific quotes, I'm more then happy to.

Your attitude towards Japan reeks of the immature, unrealistic, and blind idealism endemic to weaboos. That does not give people confidence in you, because quite frankly it makes you look like a naive idiot. Your attitude towards criticism betrays extreme unprofessionalism, and makes you look like a child. Your literally childish name calling and use of 'fag' as an insult just makes you look extremely young, and awful in about equal measure. You are demanding people take you seriously - and we are - and then not only doing everything you can to make us *not* take you seriously, but complaining when we do.

I'm not going to close this thread, because I'm hoping you'll actually read this, and maybe learn something. I'm sure that there are members of this forum here who are willing to help you improve your art skills, and people in this thread who can help you find out what you need to do if you are serious about getting published, and how to look into that stuff. I could go on about my own experiences as a writer, and how difficult it is to get published, and how much of it is blind luck and social networking, but that's pretty much unrelated, and I don't need to justify myself to you.

As for you, Fail; first of all, ableism is not cool, man, and there are plenty of things you could have called him besides retarded. Second of all, while the OP was being a petulant child, and a little snark or nastiness may have been justified, that was out of line. Watch it, broski.

You're pissing me off, you make me incarnate from the inside & out.......
    First off, i get your point, and i see that you got some knowledge.
    Second, stop using the fucking word "Gaijin" people are all the same, Japan accepted skilled karate fighters, Oyama had a pupil from my small country, he's now having his own Kyuokushinkaj school in Japan. Japan is not any country that would reject you for simply not being from Japan, learn that.
    Third, i'll work my ass off day and night, 24/7 for people like you, the ones that's stating that i could never get serialized with Shonen Jump, you literally awakening a demon inside me or something..... You and all that kind of people is the ones that i should thank, thanks to those comments of yours, i will never stop trying on this, i will NEVER stop practicing, even if i'll change my mind on this now, i'll still keep going until every inch of my muscles wont hold the pen. I will draw until my brain can't comprehend it, i will put 3 times the limit that i would take just to prove it that it's possible, to prove it to people like you who is stating that it's not possible with 100% confident, and for people who's thinking that's not possible with 0% confident, may it kill me rather then i listen to the ones like you and give up.

Now, i don't want anyone getting me wrong as last time, i'm not either trying to be rude or cocky.
    This dream of mine became something more then just a dream, it became something people is telling me impossible, it's people like you that's pushing me to the end & opening further limits. Thank you for those harsh comments, sounds weird, but they really are giving me the stuff i miss, they're filling me with confident that i was missing for this. I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Niizuma View Post
    You're pissing me off, you make me incarnate from the inside & out.......
    I have no idea what you are even trying to see. "Incarnate"?
    First off, i get your point, and i see that you got some knowledge.
    Second, stop using the fucking word "Gaijin" people are all the same, Japan accepted skilled karate fighters, Oyama had a pupil from my small country, he's now having his own Kyuokushinkaj school in Japan. Japan is not any country that would reject you for simply not being from Japan, learn that.
    Oh, gee. I'm sorry. I guess all my years of studying social justice issues, my conversations with Japanese nationals, including Rei and other personal friends, were wrong. I was totally wrong! Japan isn't a racist country at all! You have shown me the error of my ways!

Childish Rambling
    You are not Naruto. Real life is not manga. I am very sorry that I have to be the one to tell you this, but it is true.

EDIT: Also; do not double-post. Edit your posts.

There has never been a single western person who has had their manga published by a Japanese company inside Japan and made it big. Nobody. Not one. That's not blind speculation, that's not us just trying to put you down, it's reality. You can find these facts anywhere on the internet. Time has proven the Japanese do not hire foreigners for things they can do better themselves, and why wouldn't they?

The reason I keep saying that we get this stuff constantly is because not one of the thousands of people with the same bright idea as you has ever succeeded. Some of them might even have been us in younger years. If you listened to a single word anyone said, you'd know that you might, might just be able to do it by becoming popular over here and then making a case for yourself over here.

That's the best advice we can give you, and if you don't like it, so be it.

From that point, I litterally can't think of any reason for you to stay here. It's not like you want advice. It's not like you'd be willing to give anything back to the community.

So just be on your merry way, please, so we can get on with our lives.

It's absurdly unlikely, but possibly in the realm of possibility that he could become big in Japan. Well, not him. Not with an attitude like that, anyway. But some foreigner. But published in a mainstream thing like Shonen Jump? Yeaaaaah.

There are certianly enough incredibly talented manga-styled western artists around right this second. Look anywhere on Deviantart. It's not like each and every one of them isn't published in Shonen Jump because they are all somehow just too dumb to ask.
    Last edited by Regantor; 02-06-2012 at 04:46 PM.