Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions :)

Which country forged Katana?
    I could ask "which country forged rapier?". It's a irrelevant question when you try to look "swordmanship" and technique.

Which country formed numerious blahblahblah?
    French's have Sabate. Spain have Real Destreza (which it was principally for sword, but they also did street combat techniques). There is also fist medieval combat techniques, and of course you have Kung Fu in China (with million of variants), you have martial arts in India, and even you have Muay Thai in Thailand, which is at my taste, the most efficient of all.

Ever heard of Oyama?
    Yeah.

Ever heard of Osamu Tezuka?
    If you were a little more older in the forum you wouldn't be doing that quest. But I have a better one for you: "Which are the important improvements Osamu Tezuka did in the realization of narrative in the Japanese Manga?"

Also, do you know who is: Da Vinci, Gustav Klimp, Munch or Grecco ? Or in actual comics: Tony Harris, Jhonen Vasquez or Steve Dillon?

Ever heard of Shoko Asahara and the cult of Aleph, who carried out the 1998 gas attack on the tokyo subway system? Ever hear of the Yakuza? Ever hear of the skyrocketing rates of unemployed twenty-somethings?

Seriously, I love Japanese media to bits, but it's not some magical dreamland were everything is perfect. Every country has it's problems. You're not even the only person to think like that, again.

Really, we get this all the time...
    Last edited by Regantor; 02-05-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Regantor View Post
    Ever heard of Shoko Asahara and the cult of Aleph, who carried out the 1998 gas attack on the tokyo subway system? Ever hear of the Yakuza? Ever hear of the skyrocketing rates of unemployed twenty-somethings?

Seriously, I love Japanese media to bits, but it's not some magical dreamland were everything is perfect. Every country has it's problems. You're not even the only person to think like that, again.

Really, man, we get this all the time...
    I really hope that you'll be on this forum very long time. I'll make sure to post my serialized Shounen Jump manga on exactly this topic.

I hope you achieve your goal.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I hope you achieve your goal.
    I'm not sure if you're trolling with that or whatever, i atleast wont regret it in the future, i'm fighting for something i believe in and you all should do the same. Fight for your dream even if there's a little tiny 1% chance of success.!

now that u put it like that, I believe im making a terrible mistake
    Last edited by Evil_Cake; 02-05-2012 at 06:15 PM.

Yeah I better buckle down and get an office job

Erm, who said Clockhand or myself aren't fighting for our respective dreams? >_>

Being realistic and giving up completely are too differant things.

This isn't an ego battle. I posted here trying to stop you from being depressed. Now I'm depressed. Geez.

Good luck eating during those ten years it takes to get published.
    Last edited by Regantor; 02-05-2012 at 06:18 PM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Only 10?
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    Only 10?
    I will practice exactly 1 year on my drawing, drawing-only, from that i'm not even sure if my art will be anywhere unqie & original, if that'll happend, i'm atleast sure that 2 years is enough to master my own original art. Ah well, i guess i don't need to exactly give it a 13-15 years of trying, it could go further, no1 knows