Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17576364656667

Thread: Terminus Est OOC - NOW RECRUITING

Kodo is back home, btw, guys.

He might not be around tomorrow anyway, through, seeing as his computer is currently made of molten magma.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    My computer is no longer lava and all is as it should be. Posting resumes tonight or tomorrow, as I hurt my finger kind of badly and it hurts to type too much, like big posts.

Also, Duck, you must C post.

Also, also, here is a song that is hella Dorfy. Click the Dwarf Bard below to hear it!

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

It's been a while, so time, I think, for a Drow ramble. I don't think I've given this one before, but if I have, then deal with it.
    God, we kind of could use a wiki, couldn't we?

Anyway, this time it's on Lolth and the origins of the Drow, or rather on the myths regarding them, because it's not like anyone knows.

Neither the Elves nor the Drow have any singular canon myth for how the two races came to be separate, or how Lolth came to break ties with the Seldarine (the Elven pantheon).
    All the myths agree that Lolth was once a member of the Seldarine known as Araushnee. Most commonly she is depicted as having been the wife of Corellon Larathien himself. The two most common Drow myths are as follows. In the first version of the myth Lolth is betrayed by the Seldarine who fear her power and are envious of her beauty and might. Araushnee is cast out from the Seldarine, and her follows cast out into the Underdark. In other versions of the myth, Lolth, recognizing the superiority of the Elves over other creatures, attempts to conquer the world with her followers, but is betrayed by the Seldarine.
    In these myths the Drow are generally already assumed to have been a distinct, superior, sub-race of the Elves devoted to Araushnee, or were the most beautiful and powerful of the Elves, Araushnee's favored, and were rewarded with their more beautiful dark skin as a reward for their faith and devotion to the goddess.
    There are many other myths, as well, which follow the general pattern of Araushnee being betrayed in some fashion by the Seldarine and the Drow being an offshoot of Elvenkind.

A secondary myth group, less common but still accepted by the priestesses, is one where the Drow, not the pale surface Elves, are the original race of Elfkind. In this myth the Drow are the original Elves, while the Elves of the surface are a cursed and blighted racial offshoot, created when Lolth set apart and cursed the most ugly and weak of all Elves, banishing them from the Underdark and cursing them with pale skin to forever burn under the hateful rays of the sun. Such myths typically claim Lolth broke willingly with the Seldarine, for she could not stand to associate with such weak and ugly deities.

Elven myths regarding such things typically involve a betrayal from Lolth and the Drow, rather than from the Seldarine. Typically involving Lolth attempting to murder and usurp Corellon, or growing jealous of Sehanine Anayerami. There are even, although very uncommon, myths that claim Lolth was never part of the Seldarine, and is simply a powerful demon or evil goddess who, ever jealous of the Elves, has twisted and perverted some of them for her own dark purposes.

I cannot recall, nor find my notes, on whether or not the Drow acknowledge Lolth's name as having once been Araushnee, but whether they accept that as having been once her name or not, it is never used and to mention it is something the priestesses see as taboo.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Hey what where am I what's happening (hi guys sorry for being such a dick these past few... years...)

ZIZI IS BACK. DUCK IS BACK.

trying 2 make a dwarf bardo

SPOILER! :

Hey again Zees. Hope you stick around is all I can really say, I guess. Good to see ya, through.

Cake, that is raging elite... You know, good goodness... reg likes it and she seems really cool, okay? :o

thx