Page 6 of 67 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminus Est OOC - NOW RECRUITING

Just because I'm not a part of any party (yet, still waiting on my damn internet), doesn't mean I can't learn in the mean time. And thanks for pointing that out Reg. Made it simpler to understand, and easier for me to get it wrapped around my head. And I couldn't get my head around the whole family/priestess thing which Reg helped me out with, Kodos. So, problem solved.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yeah. Alsiif probably wouldn't even be allowed near the temples, unless they were going to sacrifice her. Being a daughterless mother is understood to be a form of punishment. Lolth is granting you only sons because of something bad you did. Or will do. Or because Lolth just feels like it, but in any case might makes right, Also if Lolth is punishing you, you obviously deserve it.

And, Reg, the priestesses wouldn't necessarily hate Neit for being a psion. House Ku'nal are ultra religious and have that Drow purity thing going on, but that's just them - not all priestesses necessarily view psions as abominations. Some take the Ulintajo approach and view it as a sign of Drow supremacy - even the powers of the hated Abominations are absorbed and used by the perfect daughters of Lolth.

Demonblooded priestesses are allowed, but half-Demon/Half-Drow. ones are not. Lolth gets pissy if you give her only half a Drow into her service. I mean, heck, given how often they're around Demons, a lot of half-Demons are the daughters/sons of priestesses. Or a priestess might offer a son of hers to a succubus in exchange for service. "Yeah you can have the little shit I don't care."

EDIT: Although usually a priestess will sacrifice all her sons to Lolth. I mean, why not? She benefits more from giving them to Lolth for good favor than from marrying them off.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Although usually a priestess will sacrifice all her sons to Lolth. I mean, why not? She benefits more from giving them to Lolth for good favor than from marrying them off.
    Certainly explains the lack of Drow males about to keep their bloodline on the straight and narrow. :p

As for priestesses hating Neit, somehow I could imagine a powerful Drow wanting to bump her off just to be safe anyway. Her powers being perticularly of the mind control verity, she certainly has the potential to seriously mess with one's servants should she become to powerful. Helping her become more powerful as such probally wouldn't be in their interests, anyhow.

@_@

Info overload...

Well, remember, Reg - Lolth's favorite sacrificial offering is her own priestesses. Well, second favorite. Favorite is priests of Corellon Larethian. So the priestesses are always wary of each other.

Really it depends on the local internal culture of the city's priesthood. In the Lowerdark many priestesses are psionic since so many more Drow are psionic down there, what with the greater Illithid presence. Of course there's always the risk that carries, too. After an Illithid attack it's standard operating procedure to kill any psion survivors - just in case. The Drow always do that. Often they kill all survivors, though, just to be sure.

Cleansing after an Illithid attack is about the only thing Drow will work together on.

And you should join Tiberius. We still need new membahs.

And Reg, computer updates?

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

So she could easily become favoured with Lolth, whilst also being completely despised by her preistesses?... Well, I guess that sounds like the Drow alright.

And naw, still no new comp. :/

@Kodos for joining in
    I would, but I have no other way of communicating with you. I am only able to use skype while using my school's internet and being out of my hometown is so far and in between that it would be hard to RP with. I'm not sure how to make it work out to be able to RP. And plus, I ain't very descriptive with my post. I try to be, but I can't find the right words. Anyways, :/ I'm SOL man.

why can't you use AIM like a non-loser?

Play free forever my lord

A coloured Oreil (from F Party) sketch. Realise that there are a billion more urgent DnD characters that need doing, but pretty stressed right now so fuck it.