Page 19 of 69 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Terminus Est OOC - NOW RECRUITING

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    More like this.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Could this be what a Grila cult sounds like?

Gonna reply properly to Umbra a little later, yosh. :3

I always imagined Illithids to sound like this

T'puuli Rendanvlos MSpaints.

Wonderful as always Regduder.

I am still beplagued. And my right ear is bugging me too now, so I think the doctors were wrong when they said it wasn't bacterial.
    Seeing another doctor today.

Anyway, advice to Drowparty. Gathering Information about things can be dangerous. Remember you are living in an ultra paranoid and suspicious society. Asking about the internal affairs of priestesses is asking to be placed under suspicion. And suspicious priestesses are likely to have you killed. Better to ingratiate yourself to some priestess and work from there. Or maybe more quickly, ask Aryyna

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Sill beplagued. But feeling a fair deal better. Still pretty awful, though.

Have a shitty (still sick!) Drowramble. This time about Drow attitudes and views towards motherhood.

Becoming a mother is something that is expected of all Drow. Given their long life spans and the fact Drow aren't even considered middle aged until 175, most Drow women don't allow themselves to become pregnant until later in life. Although given personal tastes, desires to start a family, pressure from their mothers, and forgetting to protect themselves due to inebriation, many Drow become mothers at younger ages. Particularly among the poorer Drow who have economic and societal pressures which encourage younger mothers.

Most Drow mothers do generally love and dote on their children while they are still babies - at least the daughters. Motherhood is a powerful thing, after all. It's generally as the daughter grows older that the mother sees her less as a wonderful gift from the goddess and as a potential rival. Among the C’rintri, filicide (once the child is an adult) is not uncommon, and matricide is one of the primary means of social advancement.
    Among the poorer Drow, male children may be killed at birth or, much more likely, sold into slavery or given to the local church to be used in sacrifices, hoping that Lolth's favor will next time grant them a daughter.

Failure to have a child after a certain point, or after trying and failing, is seen as a mark against one's womanhood, much in the way most patriarchal societies consider inability to become a father a sign of not being a true man. Mothers who have only sons are seen as being punished by Lolth for some manner of transgression, and are forbidden from entering the holier parts of temples, or approaching shrines to the Goddess.

And as a final note regarding it all, every third born son is a required sacrifice to Lolth, unless, one of the prior sons died before reaching adulthood. But if the mother has had two male children that reached adulthood, then she must sacrifice the third as soon as he is born.
    Additional sacrifices of sons, or even daughters, are of course not uncommon among the more pious Drow.

Sill beplagued. But feeling a fair deal better. Still pretty awful, though.

Have a shitty (still sick!) Drowramble. This time about Drow attitudes and views towards motherhood.

Becoming a mother is something that is expected of all Drow. Given their long life spans and the fact Drow aren't even considered middle aged until 175, most Drow women don't allow themselves to become pregnant until later in life. Although given personal tastes, desires to start a family, pressure from their mothers, and forgetting to protect themselves due to inebriation, many Drow become mothers at younger ages. Particularly among the poorer Drow who have economic and societal pressures which encourage younger mothers.

Most Drow mothers do generally love and dote on their children while they are still babies - at least the daughters. Motherhood is a powerful thing, after all. It's generally as the daughter grows older that the mother sees her less as a wonderful gift from the goddess and as a potential rival. Among the Círintri, filicide (once the child is an adult) is not uncommon, and matricide is one of the primary means of social advancement.
    Among the poorer Drow, male children may be killed at birth or, much more likely, sold into slavery or given to the local church to be used in sacrifices, hoping that Lolth's favor will next time grant them a daughter.

Failure to have a child after a certain point, or after trying and failing, is seen as a mark against one's womanhood, much in the way most patriarchal societies consider inability to become a father a sign of not being a true man. Mothers who have only sons are seen as being punished by Lolth for some manner of transgression, and are forbidden from entering the holier parts of temples, or approaching shrines to the Goddess.

And as a final note regarding it all, every third born son is a required sacrifice to Lolth, unless, one of the prior sons died before reaching adulthood. But if the mother has had two male children that reached adulthood, then she must sacrifice the third as soon as he is born.
    Additional sacrifices of sons, or even daughters, are of course not uncommon among the more pious Drow.

I just wanted to apologize for the seemingly random post I made yesterday, I didn't mean to stray into the 'Role-Players & Writers Arena' section and disrupt anything I just saw the Alestorm video and decided to make a reference without reading the thread first :/ sorry for my mess up. (I understand if this gets deleted but it was the best idea I felt to let you all know of my mistake)

C party players, are you alright with me joining the party? My new leave date for military school is July 11th, and from what I understand there's a two-week period where they adjust us into the program, and that means no extra privileges may be earned until after that two-week period. So if I join it will be an entire two weeks before I can post after 7.11.12.

Reg wouldn't mind. Would be nice to have some more life in the C thread. :o