Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello anybody and everybody

Hello anybody and everybody

So hello people. I've only recently started drawing manga very seriously. Probably like four or five months ago to be exact, but in that time I managed to fill up a whole sketchbook and I'm already eating through every precious page of a new one. I do this really as a hobby that I love and am considering taking my skills to a new, more professional level. Anytime I'm not drawing, I'm probably playing video games with my friends or learning martial arts. As a little side note, I don't have a scanner and I fear my puny little camera phone does not do my drawings justice(It's a really old phone XD) But who knows, I've been clamoring for critique and may get desperate enough to actually upload something here. Nice meeting you all, and have a good morning/day/evening or whenever you are viewing this!

101 Dalmations Member Wolfen300's Avatar
    Welcome to MangaTutorials! And don't worry, you're not the only one without a scanner, there's a few of us who are lacking them as well. Trust me there's plenty of people to take you up on the critiques, a lot of them great people.

"I'll slap you so F******* hard it'll feel like you kissed a f****** freight train."-5FDP

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Hi Iai! Welcome to Manga Tutorials. If you can't post anything up at the Critique Corner but would still like to ask art-related questions, hit up the Drawing, Tutorials & Animation section. Btw... does your computer have an eye cam? Maybe you can use that in lieu of a scanner or phone.

Yes it does, but I am totally ignorant on how to use it XD But how hard can it be.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!! Glad you could join us!
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonfyre View Post
    She has spoken and so we must obey!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iaidoka View Post
    Yes it does, but I am totally ignorant on how to use it XD But how hard can it be.
    Hahah, give it a whirl! I think one of the members who had the same problem as you eventually started using their eye cam.

Well it wasn't too difficult, but I really hate windows 8. I might upload some more of the anatomical stuff I'm doing. It's not necessarily manga, but I think any artist should try their hand at anatomy.

welcome

and maybe a library or something has a scanner you can use?

Three Trio Tres Member theAnimeRebel's Avatar
    If you want to pay ten cents every time you use it....

(I am also one of the members on here who lacks a scanner. And yes Rio, I am the one who "eventually decided to use their computer's eye-cam." And no, I am not satisfied with the results. I will find a scanner... I swear I will find one!!!)

That aside, If you don't know how to use the cam on your comp., you can always look it up on google. That's what I do. That way I only appear to be half as ignorant. heh.

*Ahem.* Anyways...

Good tah meet yah! *Insert hearty handshake here* I'm Rebel and I'm here in case you need any highly opinionated and inexperienced advice. If you want really GOOD advice than you should stick around and listen to a couple of the pros on here... we're all in this together after all.

Welcome to the party.
    "Make sure the room is brightly lit and stay far away from the TV."

(Also, I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD!!!)

I need to buy a scanner too... Well, an all-in-one printer.