Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anyone play Japanese made games? (bootlegs, originals, etc.)

Yeah, Baroque is solid as a rock to play (especially in japanese, I can't read a word of it), but totally amps up all of the scare moments that most roguelikes just sort of happen upon by mistake. One of my guilty favs.

I have indeed played Metal Warriors, also. Being able to get out of the suit and run around was really sweet, wish they would do that in mech games more often. Semi-destructable terrian, too. Perhaps not as tight level/enemy/art design as Cybernator (Assault Suits Valken), but overall probally the same shelf-life, I'd say.

Now, the one game I've been trying to get my hands on for years is Gunnm: Martian Memory. Japanese PS1 only. Has anyone in the universe actually played it? x_x

I've heard of the game itself Reg, but never actually got my hands on it while it was out. But I've learned alot of Japanese just from playing the games so menu's and the like are easy to understand (Talk about playing for hours on end not knowing wtf the menus actually said.) And plenty of the older games were fun, and Catherine made me remember the Fatal Frame series (Another I played in original JP language and layout...made the game creepier).
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

I play japanese games all the time. And can you guess who I am Tiber?

Uhh. No, in fact I don't know you...And judging from your profile, you live in Tokyo and I might have met you there. Though, Keizo does ring a bell.

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    To be completely honest the only japanese games I've played would be the japanese version of FFVII, Kuroshitsuji Phantom & Ghost, and Digimon: The Shining Evolution which was an RPG and it was pretty cool.

Japanese version of FF:VII!? Why did you not tell me this Koibito!? OMG, DAISUKI!

Three Trio Tres Member Emi_Higurashi's Avatar
    Ehh...I got the game from my uncle whose a pilot for Japan, and he got me the game when I was about...13-14yrs, so I don't know if you know this but it was for PS2 which I don't have anymore.but it was fun, baka. And why are you suddenly fangirlish? it's not like I met Kurk Cobain before he shot himself, geez. lol daisuki. Oh and I have seen KH and other FF I-XIII in japanese version, I'm like a subcriber to Nihon games and whatnot. And if I do find any FF games in japanese I'll get on for you, my silly FF fangirl >w>
    Last edited by Emi_Higurashi; 01-30-2012 at 07:01 PM.

it's my idea or people are confusing "games made in japan" with "games in japanese"?

I dont even understand what this thread is about

Yeah, most games form Japan are in Japanese aren't they? I mean if you live there and play them there unless they are bootlegs, etc. Is what I meant by games from and by Japanese developers and are in Japanese or are orginal japanese games. Does that help a lil Clock?

EDIT: @jubeh
    It's about games that you have played that were either in Japanese or are orginal, certified Japanese games that you can't understand unless you've learned japanese. Also the games follow the Japanese format for games.
    Last edited by T1B3R1U5; 01-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.