Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445

Thread: School SUCKS

NO MORE PRESSURE GUYS LIVE FREE!

Get serious

:lol:

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

You're not fucking serious enough. Insert a stick up your ass it'll help with your seriousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacon_Barbarian View Post
    And why did you drop out? "
    I dropped out because it was making me depressed to the point where I wanted to kill myself. I have struggled with depression throughout my entire life and being there made it even worse. I wasn't being challenged in any way, and I completely lost interest and anything we were doing. I love to learn and wasn't getting taught shit. On top of this, I am the least social person ever, especially with people my own age, and people in my school all thought I was weird. Then once my one friend died in a car accident, and someone decided that it would be fun to start saying that I'm a slut who likes to sleep around, I pretty much just said "fuck it". I was done putting up with all the drama and decided that I deserved to be happy, even if it meant going off the beaten path.
    I weighed my options between dropping out and going to college, home schooling, and internet classes. But decided that I would be most successful going to an actual school and attending classes, and that if I did homeschooling I would never leave my house again, lol. It turned out to be the best decision of my life.
    When I started college I thought that I wanted to be an artist. Now I realize that I want to go into some field of microbiology. I'm not sure what exactly I would like to do, but hey, that comes later.

I am now happy, successful, and on my way to a great life. I have a great job, love *most* of my classes and do well in all of them.

Also, that site you sourced is focused at "at risk" adolescents, of course the things they're going to say are going to be against dropping out, lolol.

Quote Originally Posted by Outcast View Post
    You're not fucking serious enough. Insert a stick up your ass it'll help with your seriousness.
    You will find, much to your displeasure, I am quite serious roughly 90~ of the time.

EDIT: Zoe: What site would be for dropping out (unless the student in question has lead a depressing life like yours (that sounds mean, and I apologize, but that first paragraph was, well depressing))?

Princess of Default Victories pajamajam's Avatar
    Bacon, the fuck is 90~? Did the number just fart? Did you maybe mean 90%? How the fuck did you make it to high school?

A high school diploma will get you about one step farther in life than a GED will. Almost every employer that requires applicants to have graduated high school will also accept an equivalency certificate. If you decide to further your education later on, you will have to take some remedial classes or get some credits at a community college in order to attend a university, depending on what the rules are where you live. It's expensive though, and not always worth it. How many people do you know who actually use their degrees? Unless they went into specialized fields (medicine, law, engineering), the number is fairly low.

I used to be fairly close to a girl who literally couldn't read Hop on Pop without asking for help but still managed to graduate high school. She needed help filling out job applications because she couldn't spell "Wichita High School North", but apparently she's better than any dropout who hasn't personally confronted you and will get a lot farther in life.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Good thing I graduated on time. I met a few old friends that I haven't seen in years at the skatepark once. Still working on their GED, struggling and shite. On the other hand my mom got her GED recently and well, I don't see what has changed lol.

Did the number just fart?
    Yes. :P
    I hit the % key and when I went back to add a "~" I must have accidently deleted the %.

How the fuck did you make it to high school?
    It's mandatory. :P

A high school diploma will get you about one step farther in life than a GED will.
    Which is bad how?

Almost every employer that requires applicants to have graduated high school will also accept an equivalency certificate. If you decide to further your education later on, you will have to take some remedial classes or get some credits at a community college in order to attend a university, depending on what the rules are where you live. It's expensive though, and not always worth it.
    Considering the crappy economy, I sort of agree as it't fiscally risky. Normally though, I'd say it's different.

How many people do you know who actually use their degrees? Unless they went into specialized fields (medicine, law, engineering), the number is fairly low.[/QUOTE]
    My mom's a College Professor. I lived on a College Campuss for 14 years. So lots.

I used to be fairly close to a girl who literally couldn't read Hop on Pop without asking for help but still managed to graduate high school. She needed help filling out job applications because she couldn't spell "Wichita High School North", but apparently she's better than any dropout who hasn't personally confronted you...
    *blinks* What makes you say that?

...and will get a lot farther in life.
    I hope she does. My cousin dropped out at 16, never got a GED, had 5 kids from 3 different men, and died at 45.

GunZ: I blame the Government.