Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Dream Diary

Hearing about dreams is always good inspiration, or at least good for a lul. Some interesting stuff in here.

Meh. In return, you can have some typical regantorian slur. :I

There was a ruined, overgrown building. I entered the front door directly into an elevator, one of those old victorian types where you have to pull the grating across yourself. There is no light bulb, so the carriage turns pitch black as it decends. No noise at all, either.

The basement is a parrellel dimension, my brain informs me. My mission is to deliver medicine to a sick woman. Everything is dusty and dark, cracked concrete. Not much alive. Finding the room isn't too hard, it's the only place that is lit up.

Owlhusband didn't know I was comming, and puts up a quick fight before retreating, easily overpowered. He's called that because he's an owl and her husband. Thanks again, brain.

I explain why I am there and sick woman seems alright with it, except they had a child at some point and it is sick with the same thing. I only have one portion of the medicine (which looks like one of those light-up things a doctor looks down your ear with), so she tells me to cure the child and take it back to my dimension. So I do. Meh, the woman didn't really even seem that sick towards the end. Was she faking it or something? Owlhusband even comes with me.

He turns into a sterotypical fat middle aged new yorker in our dimension, and is confused by the sky. They didn't have one in their dimension. The 'child' is just a bunch of rolled up towels.

~Fin~.

woah so detailed and interesting that really COULD make a good story you know? xD

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    50% of my dreams are about some sort of apocalypse. The others are about my death, and weird stuff I forget.

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudy View Post
    woah so detailed and interesting that really COULD make a good story you know? xD
    Thanks. All of my dreams are gigantic anti-climaxes, through, much like that one. XD

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet
    50% of my dreams are about some sort of apocalypse. The others are about my death, and weird stuff I forget.
    So either you die or everyone else in the world dies? lul.

Anyway.

Related subject; Does anyone else get stupid reoccuring 'rules' within their dreams? For instance, I pretty frequently lean how to swim through the air, litterally kicking and swinging my arms. It doesn't matter what the current dream is actually about, if I remember doing this previously, it simply works again.

I have had a ton of dreams like that Reg. It gets irritating after awhile. In some of my dreams, I keep having to learn how to use some sort of cyberpunk chair that does EVERYTHING. And in others, I have to do the Russian Polka....anyways, aside from that. There really isn't any other dreams worth of note.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

I like this thread Cloudy! Okay...here's a weird dream I had a while ago but it's stayed with me:

I was in the town I grew up in before my mom & dad split up, Sarasota, FL with the members of the band I was like 24 I had this dream like 15 years ago, so it was current then. We were gutting out the house I lived in as a very young child with crow bars & sledge hammers. We were really wailing on the thing...& had just about finished with our demolition when a giant came crashing through the back of the house with so much force that my friends & I were thrown into the street. He stood towering over me...& seemed to be very pissed off for some reason. That's when I noticed that he was me. Well...older, powerfully built 15', almost feral version of me with a look that promised me a savage & brutal beating. I was really scared & so were my band mates because the ran away as soon as they saw "giant me". I stood up to face "me" anyhow &, somehow when I stood, I had what was either a huge machete or a chinese broad sword...can't recall which. The giant me stepped back laughing as I rose, taunting me, calling me a coward & saying that my life would amount to nothing & that it was futile to go on or face him because he'd beat me if I tried to resist him and the fated that awaited me.
    I fought him anyway. I can't recall all the details, but I was epic. At first he was really knocking me around & I got pretty bloodied & bruised I was almost beaten & he paused to laugh & ridicule me some more when I saw an opening I basically jumped on jumped up & propelled myself of his knee & spun around in a horizontal arc at his neck that sent his head flying & his body falling as I stood on his chest till it hit the ground. I DO remember that much. I also remember that his head rolled around on the ground still mocking me & laughing. Then I woke up.

What's it all mean? I still dunno but. I was at crossroads in my life at the time & I think it was my subconscious telling me that the path I was on with the band wasn't what I really wanted & it really wasn't going anywhere. The gutting of my childhood home probaly stemmed from resentment of my parent's divorcing at at time in my life where things were still innocent & feeling that it was destroyed.

The battle with my giant & barbaric self was an internal struggle though. I know this now because I was a violent young man & it's only until now that I'm older, that my rage has subsided because of self restraint. That giant was a warning of what I might have become if I hadn't concsiously chosen to discipline myself.

Over the past 15 years since, I've allways recalled the image of that lauging head manically spewing hate, loathing & promises of violence in the aftermath whenever I let my anger get the better of me. In the past 8 years, since I started Tai Chi & really focusing on my art, I haven't been too angry with folks & rarely lose my cool. So, think the dream actually helped me better myself.

wow really interesting, I would see the giant ferocious self as being maybe a part of you that you dislike or something

Yeah...I really didn't much like how short my temper was back then. I guess the giant represented that.

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    Probably my scariest dream was one where I being followed by a 3D rendering of a bouncy, wall-eyed, 6-foot tall Hanna-Barbera style cartoon dog while I was just walking around my neighborhood. No one else was in the dream, and the dog never did anything but follow me around and never got closer than like 25 feet, but I was scared as fuck.

Just recently I had a dream where I was with my pals fighting zombies. Then Jesus was in it and fighting zombies with me and my friends were gone.

It makes me wonder what I'm doing with my life.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI