Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Protagonists

u know he is p good looking for a worm

Idunno this subject is kind of hard to think about. Even some of the people you guys posted still have like nice bodies and/or male model facial structures, they just have odd characteristics.

When I think of an ugly protagonist, I think of someone who goes against the expectations of what the protagonist should be, if that makes sense. For example, say it's a serious game about trying to save the world, but the protagonist is actually a fat dude who you'd think would be a supporting character or at least an unimportant character, but isn't.

1984's protagonist wasn't portrayed as attractive. In fact I think the main character himself said it, but I don't really remember that well. Also, in games where you can make your character, you can make them ugly as hell.

lolololol

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar

I have a problem with alien characters or not-humans. The fact that they are not human in first place makes my impossible to say if its ugly or not.

yeah, but aren't we judging this based on human standards since we don't know any aliens or non-humans that play games...

But then why don't we judge them in a design stand point? I think is unfair to judge them from human standards, because we are assuming that everything not human is ugly, which would make that a cat, a dog or any other animal or living thing that doesn't look human is ugly.

Actually, by human standards I believe most people would say cats and dogs are pretty cute.

WHAT?!

Humans. Think. Dogs. And. Cats. Are. Cute.

"standard" does not necessarily imply that we're comparing them to humans, but simply comparing them to the general opinions of humans.