Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Protagonists

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Yes, but so was Bioshock IIRC. And other games. Hell, look at Unreal 3 itself. The women in Unreal 3 are not half as off-looking as Harley in AA was, and with a few exceptions, the men aren't half as beef as the meat golems in AA/AC.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

The thing with women is, if you're just working out for practical purposes, or if you're an athlete the basic physiology doesn't change that much. The girls who can tear you limb from limb with out so much as a second thought tend to look roughly the same as the girls with average strength and fitness because girls don't bulk up naturally like men do. They get to a certain point and just get more and more dense from there on.
    I feel like male game designers/comic book artists often don't know this.
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

Well for what it's worth, as luck would have it a /tg/ thread this morning about Risk somehow turned into a picture dump of musclegirls. This girl, here, is apparently an MMA fighter with a good win record.
    SPOILER! :

She's pretty bulky. Not the same way some men are, sure, but she's clearly a lot bulkier then the girl Del posted.

Point is: People vary.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Not gonna lie, I think overly muscular women has become somewhat of a fetish in itself.

I find that woman incredibly attractive.

SO KEEP IT OUT OF MY UGLY THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by CypressDahlia View Post
    Not gonna lie, I think overly muscular women has become somewhat of a fetish in itself.
    It is. But there is a fetish for everything. Standards of beauty vary. I personally am not attracted to small chested women, but lots of guys are. Other guys find anything over a D gross. Some people like chubby women, some like very chubby women. Some guys like guys.

Point is there's a fetish for everything and nobody is ever really objectively ugly because I guareuntee you there are people who are sexually aroused by burn victims or whatever else.

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    I find that woman incredibly attractive.

SO KEEP IT OUT OF MY UGLY THREAD
    Yes, I agree. I was making a point about female bodies in regards to muscle, not about that chick's attractiveness.

I actually think it could be steroids in alot of cases, skewing our opinions. It's difficult to even know what a man is supposed to look like when you factor that in; How do we know that ancient paintings and whatnot of heroic men are not simply exaggerated?... How do we even know that our perceptions are not altered because people choose the 'slightly favorable' looking ones to take pictures of even in modern times? I've also seen female american cage fighters with that sort of build, if not broader backed.

*ahem* Yeah, my overall point is, if the artist doesn't feel like depicting any body fat, it's pretty much at that point in which all bets are off and it just becomes stylistic, male or female.
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-26-2012 at 09:18 PM.

Only uglies in this thread

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.