Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ugly Protagonists

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    I'm talking about like Street Fighter IV Cammy muscular, not like "I go to the gym every once in a while" muscular.

O.o yeeeeaaahh, Cammy's muscularity is kind of disgusting. Samus' frame is exceptable. And for other characters that have awfully creepy female muscular frame....yeah lets not go there....

EDIT: Oh wait, they already went there.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Way to miss the entire point of the thread there, man. -_-

Honestly, there is alot of terrible, terrible 'beefcake' art of muscular women out there, but hot amazon and valkyrie type characters make alot more sence than 90% of the bullshit every action story with women in it pumps out... If you can't find attraction in that because it's not loli or big titted barbie dolls, boo goddamn whoo.
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-25-2012 at 09:08 PM.

yeah I generally like girls with a sensible amount of meat. Chun Li is one of my favorite characters by far. I think what he's talking about are like female body-builder types, which is an unnatural amount of muscle considering body building is the deliberate inflation of muscle mass look as opposed to the "refined with use" look that, say, athletes have. You have to admit, Street Fighter IV did a crappy job of modeling female bodies. They look like body builders as oppose to athletes.

Cuz even if you did strenuous activities only a daily basis, you would not look like a body builder unless you deliberately kept a strict diet and work out regimen. I would know I was a breakdance instructor for three years.

Lol, yeah, because Zangief is a great reprosentation of the male form! Seriously through, SFVI's character models are basically cheesy cartoons at this point. Suprised you didn't bring up Sakura's tree trunk legs and elephant ears. If I didn't know Capcom better I could almost believe they were intentionally going for ugly cute with that one. XD

Hahaha yeah. I was like SAKURA NOOOO~

And yeah Gief is just something rofl. Speaking of, he would make a good ugly protagonist since he's always a good guy nationalist in all of his storylines. "FOR MOTHER RUSSIA"

Most female video game characters who are super burly are unrealistic

Unless they're benching trucks or some shit
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

Zangeif should have a wrestling platformer. Like, super campy mario style. "I'm sorry comrade, but brother Stalin is in another castle!"

As for burly female characters... Might be an outgrowth of the 'boobs of steel' trope, maybe? I've seen female cage fighters far more shoulder and waist heavy than the video above, but what the artists of SFIV seemed to be going for was just taking a standard 'volumptous' female body and making all of the curves out of muscle instead of fat like it's supposed to be. :p

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    I think Arkham City/Arkham Asylum is the worst for that. All the characters look like they are sausage golems or some shit. Arkham City wasn't as bad about it with the chicks as Arkham Asylum as. Harley was fucking terrifying in AA.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    It was made with the modern day Unreal Engine, that explains 80% of the beefiness.