Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: what is the greatest country

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Luxembourg is the richest country per capita. Or something.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Philippines !

okay so what country to you think will have the best technology the the next decade?

you refers to no one in-particularity, just anyone who feels like throwing out an answer.

Is that even a real question?

South Korea.

what about china they seem to be developing fairly fast.

They are going to drop the speed quiet fast. They have 2 big problems in the development. Their population is centered in elders, which mean that those are not productive citizens and they are maintained, and the other problem is the conflict of migration farm to city. Also, without speaking of the obvious political control of free speech and other problems.

South Korea has the advantage, today. Their problem is that it's very centralized, and with time (as the speed they develop technology) it might hurt other areas that are not big cities.

Another big adversary in technology is the India, they are the principal software developers and they have great programmers. But as we all know, they have big social problems.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I agree with SK. If the Japanese actually had kids though, it'd be different.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

I call it many names. The two that seem to be most accurate tho are "Hell" and "Work".
    All the more reason to go to Sk. I was only going because the hot men and awesome K-dramas. Better living is just an added bonus.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by happytree View Post
    Philippines !
    I seriously hope that was ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    They are going to drop the speed quiet fast. They have 2 big problems in the development. Their population is centered in elders, which mean that those are not productive citizens and they are maintained, and the other problem is the conflict of migration farm to city. Also, without speaking of the obvious political control of free speech and other problems.
    China is also sitting on a massive housing bubble that will make what happened here in America look like nothing.

South Korea has the advantage, today. Their problem is that it's very centralized, and with time (as the speed they develop technology) it might hurt other areas that are not big cities.

Another big adversary in technology is the India, they are the principal software developers and they have great programmers. But as we all know, they have big social problems.
    I think we are seeing the demise of superpowers, really. India and China have too many internal issues to pick up the slack when America finally loses its empire. Honestly, though, I think it's because what we are seeing is the death of the nation-state. America died ages ago, it's just a zombie being puppeteered by plutocrats. That's, I think, what we are going to see more and more. The death of the nation state and the rise of the supernational plutocracy in its wake.

As for South Korea in particular, I admit to being generally ignorant about South Korea, so I won't speak on it. Although I do have to wonder how they, as a nation, will handle the grave threat posed by electric fans.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Wales no question.