Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Disappointing video games that were a waste of your (or your parents) paycheck.

Tales of Symphonia 2 made me suffer from a severe case of denial. Every tales of game I buy I will play over and over and over again. Nvr hav i had to force myself to beat the end of the a game before. After I beat it and got another fourth of the game done I quit. The story was just pitiful compared to the first one. They looked goofy and the monsters and the quest were annoying as heck.

FF X-2 was a waste of my time. Totally didn't get most of what was going on and I finsished FF X with all the extras you were able to get and crap. But X-2? Fuck you very much Square Enix for making waste my money on it. Same with FFXII-2.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Mass Effect 3

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    You didn't buy it.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

I played it and it was a waste of Skidrow's paycheck

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Bro, you're thinking wrong, bro.
    But on topic, the last indie bundle I bought was a horrible waste of a dollar, except for one game. That being 'Beep'.
    <My comic
    .................................................. ......................."Mind-controlling you into thinking this is awesome."

Reg just finshed the Resident Evil 1 remake for the GameCube after years of putting it off...

Probally gonna get murdered for this, but what the hell happened on the second disk? It basically goes from being one of the best point-and-click horror games in existance (with some zombie bashing elements), to an extremely lousy zombie shooter almost instantly.

Seriously, during the last boss you can just stand there, shooting and healing. Having to fight off basic zombies at the start of the game with the survival knife was way harder. Even the voice acting and the integrity of the plot goes to hell. It's like, "Oh yeah, these labs have a self destruct mechanism, don'cha know!".

Don't get me wrong, it's still a classic, esspecially at the midpoint of the game. But seriously. The controls were never the strong point, so why did they decide it needed an action movie ending? If the original PS1 version does the same thing, I'd suprised that it became a franchise at all.

Geh.

I'm gonna go make myself a jill sandwich.

I'm gonna go make myself a jill sandwich.
    lol

well, ive never played the gc remake but
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    The title includes a variety of new gameplay elements, environments, and story details as well as state of the art visuals. Shinji Mikami has stated that the remake is "70% different from the original."
    so yeah i'm pretty sure the hell i went through with RE when i was 7 did not include any kind of lousy zombie shooter elements (though i think the puzzles were kinda ridiculous in RE1)

Skyward Sword was such a waste of my moneeeeey looooooolllllllll

r u 4 real