Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing video games that were a waste of your (or your parents) paycheck.

WAT

Not a fan of it! It looks cool and all but other then that. Urgh I just am sick of the mentality they have, where each time they make a new pokemon game they take out all the cool inovations from the previous one and out in different quirky things that just suck.

Are you related to gunzet by chance

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    Black and White are weird. No one seems to have taken the middle ground in regards to them. Old fans either seem to see it as the end or a much needed reboot. I see it as the latter myself.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    Never got into anything further than the RSE generation.

I remember playing Damnation. God did it suck.
    Weapons are unbalanced, friendly AI is total shit meaning your allies will rush into battle kamikaze style disregarding all surounding danger like mines and enemies armed to the teeth. you won't believe how many times i had to reload my save at those moments!
    and to top things off there isn't even a decent story, and besides that your weapons get taken away from you not once, not twice but THREE FUCKING TIMES! what the fuck, man?!

@ Bacon - I'm kinda neutral about Black and White. There were things I liked about them and things I didn't. They were fun, anyway.

Waste of time games? Well, back in the 1990's, my dad bought me a PC racing game called Re-Volt. It was pretty awesome, and even when I play it now I like it. In the early 2000's, the same company (Acclaim, if I remember correctly) made a PS2 racer called RC Revenge Pro. We saw videos: you could race boats and cars and that was pretty awesome. About ten years later, we finally got a PS2. We hurriedly bought RC Revenge Pro. It sucked. And thus, our family learned the value of looking up reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Lost Planet 2...
    OH GOD I SECOND THIS NOTION. And the first one was soooo goood. D:
    It did have a few moments, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hell_Baron View Post
    I remember playing Damnation. God did it suck.
    Weapons are unbalanced, friendly AI is total shit meaning your allies will rush into battle kamikaze style disregarding all surounding danger like mines and enemies armed to the teeth. you won't believe how many times i had to reload my save at those moments!
    and to top things off there isn't even a decent story, and besides that your weapons get taken away from you not once, not twice but THREE FUCKING TIMES! what the fuck, man?!
    My brother bought that game because he likes steampunk stuff. It was awful but we had a good time co-op'ing through it and laughing at how enemies would just sort of stand there as we shot them repeatedly.
    Last edited by Lucy; 01-21-2012 at 04:54 PM.

I recently reacquired a Gameboy Advance from a covention, excited at the prospect of playing my 14 odd years old games. Brimming with nostalgia I started up Pokemon Yellow; only to realise shortly after my second gym battle that this was in fact really boring....sigh.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    You've been spoiled by DS graphics.
    My CC thread - Updated 01/30/14
    My AA thread - Updated 03/04/14