Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Disappointing video games that were a waste of your (or your parents) paycheck.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I think this is mostly a case of riding the hype train. If you weren't expecting much to begin with, then you won't suffer as much disappointment. With that said, I think console games need more demo's. It's a lot of money to plop down for a video game you'll only regret buying after awhile. U_U

No, trust my, FFXIII was disappointing with or without hype.

What's the point of grinding in XIII when you're just gonna get your ass handed to you for the most part. Most disappointing game I have ever bought, has probably got to be DNF. I'm actually dissappointed that Inafune has left Capcom, that means that alot of games are gonna get boring from them. And with Square Enix, they are suffering sequelitis. I quit playing FF after X-2 until XIII and now I'm wishing I had stuck with not giving into my fandom.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Quote Originally Posted by T1B3R1U5 View Post
    What's the point of grinding in XIII when you're just gonna get your ass handed to you for the most part.
    There were only 2 "hard" enemies on the entire game, so its better said "why to grind, if you are going to have everyone ass in your hands".

I'm actually dissappointed that Inafune has left Capcom, that means that alot of games are gonna get boring from them.
    I think its the best, Inafune could change the way on how Studios works and how publics looks at game. It will be very interesting to have the eyes on him right now.

And with Square Enix, they are suffering sequelitis. I quit playing FF after X-2 until XIII and now I'm wishing I had stuck with not giving into my fandom.
    The problem is the "new" director. The guy want to make Uncharted games with Final Fantasy name.

Well for the grinding on XIII is if you didn't take the time to lvl your char's up then they're is no fucking point to even fight. I got tired of the ATB gauge shit as well. And why the hell make the Uncharted games in the name of FF? Man, that's alot of info to take in from your last post there Clock xD lolz.

Well the guy basically wants to make the rpg genre more cinematic and active, reason why they made the real time battle. Which I find awful because you can resume it mostly in "libra > auto-atack > auto-atack > auto-atack > paradigma > auto-atack....".

Yeah, it was alright...until I hit 120+ hours on it I aint fighting. All the battles I was in were like this: AUTO>>>AUTO>>>AUTO>>>Paradigm>>>GF or what ever the fuck they're called>>and then AUTO Then finish. Is it just me or was Barthandaelus easy as fucking pie. Even with low lvl char's.

Yeah I played the demo for that new game and I never played 13. I was insulted by how awful the combat was, and worse is that they have quick time events there for no reason.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Cake View Post
    spore
    If we're being realistic, we will close the thread right here. This. I don't think any other game had so much promise and chances to succeed and yet delivered so little, and shockingly so.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

I was really disappointed with the new pokemon black/white. I guess I shouldn't have been but I just expected more, and I paid full retail when it first came out. In hindsight I wouldn't have bothered buying it at all had I known how disappointed I would be with it.