Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: General Manga Project Discussion

Hybrid View

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar

Lightbulb General Manga Project Discussion

So this was an idea I had all by myself and totally didn't have it suggested to me by Bacon who himself based the idea on an old thread by Hammy.
    This was 100% my idea.
    ORIGINAL THREAD, DO NOT STEAL.

Anyway, I was thinking it might help people to bounce ideas off each other, and shit, if they had a place to do it. This is that place. Discuss your ongoing manga projects, and whatever else that might fall under the purview of this board. Ask for input, bounce ideas off each other, encourage each other, whatever. Go hog wild!
    Last edited by Kodos; 01-18-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    So, interesting topic, I think. Why is it so hard to actually go out an make a comic? Even if it's only a one shot. I know a decent amount of us here on the board are participating in Manga Month, but why haven't most of us decided to come out and do that on our own? I'm sure many of us already have the characters floating around in our heads. Some of us may already have a plot. And we all obviously love comics - what do we care if it turns out to be crap? You've got to start somewhere.
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

In my experiance it's because making a whole manga/comic requires planning, forthought and concentration; yet when I draw it's usually off the top of my head. To make a whole manga isn't as fun, in a away, as simply drawing is.

For me it's lack of drawing ability and desire to practice.

"If i wanna do it, i gotta do it right and perfect"

^this thought's been preventing me from making manga since i started drawing...

101 Dalmations Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BozeSG View Post
    "If i wanna do it, i gotta do it right and perfect"

^this thought's been preventing me from making manga since i started drawing...
    I sooo agree with you . .

so. .wha kind of manga do ya wanna do?

I'm going to give the same advice I gave jubeh some time ago about this.

Always keep a small notebook in your pocket, with a pen. This is really helpful because most of the time, ideas come in unexpected moments, and you will want to keep note about those ideas (even if are crap). Also because everything you see in real life, is worth time to take notes about it, don't you waste time basing your information on comics or other sources (yeah they are a powerful source, but real life have way more depths to take notes).

Another advices.

Always work a story board. It's simple and it works, you will start doodling random stories probably, but ones you take the time to look at the story board you can change it's shape and start working with a more structured script.

And ask people, read, and look at things, many things. Dunno, I pass with the same problem as many, that I will try to make everything perfect. I prefer that everyone (including myself), start working in short stories, but stories that help us as practice, stories where we can improve techniques and concepts, you can left those big creative stories for later when you have the skill needed.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 01-23-2012 at 12:10 AM.

Fifty Fifty Member Bacon_Barbarian's Avatar
    I gotta say, I agree with you Clock. I always go to be with a pen and pad of paper on my bedside-stand in case I think up something good while I'm falling asleep. Frequently when I go back over it in the morning, it isn't nearly as good as I remember, but usually it can be worked into something (at least) I think is cool
    My AA thread - Updated 06/28/14

Quote Originally Posted by Celestial-Fox View Post
    You're my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Clockhand
    I prefer that everyone (including myself), start working in short stories, but stories that help us as practice, stories where we can improve techniques and concepts, you can left those big creative stories for later when you have the skill needed.
    This must be the number one peice of good advice that nobody ever listens too, myself included... I guess it's just easier to get motivated when you can at least dillude yourself into thinking the story won't be forgotten in a week. :/

But yeah. Clock advice here is good stuff.

Anyway. Free manga idea I'm not using;

Tiny robots pilot nervous preteens, combating awkward social situations with Gurren-Lagann levels of gusto. "POINT BLANK FACE CONTACT HYPER KISSING TECHNIQUE!"
    Last edited by Regantor; 01-23-2012 at 07:10 PM.

I just redesigned Sophie, If you know her I just registered her in Saimoe...

I've designed her 2 to 4 times I think and keep on making her wear accessory and erasing it if it doesn't fit her.

And in the end I just put a shiny ball on her head OTL..... Just when the heck am I going to develop a fashion designing sense!?

Edti: Also I'm still not good with Shadowing stuffs so I used illuststudio model to do the Job...

I still don't trust this 3d models for anatomy and poses but they seem to work good if your referencing shadows.. XD

Also this is my previous character design on sophie
    SPOILER! :
    Last edited by ram; 01-24-2012 at 05:58 AM.