Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking for a Writer!

Red face Looking for a Writer!

I`m a beginner at this, but i would like to work with someone on a manga. I`d like to do like a psychological horror kinda thing..... but i suck at shounen manga. so if someone would like to join me, i would be much obliged. *bows* Oh, yeah ill be posting more of my work in my gallery soon!

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    what do you mean by psychological horror exactly?

okay, i like to break horror up into 2 groups; gore horror, and psychological horror. the latter is like a giant puzzle, but its still horror. like Higurashi no naku koro ni. (when the Higurashi cry.)

I think you have some weird mix here.

Horror and Psychological Thrillers are sub genres of the Thriller genre, which focus in creating a mystery and tension in the story (thriller duh). But in Horror the characters have a need of survival, example: in Funny Game the characters have to survive the constant aggression of the murders. While psychological thriller, is about the mystery or the tension about the discovery of the inner psychology of the characters, this is more complex to find alone (without other sub genres of genres) but a example could by Alan Wake (video game).

Facing a Psychological Horror you need to mix both, the need of survival and the thrill of a psychological problem (which can be dead, reality, perception, etc).

About Gore: for my gore doesn't deserve to be called a sub genre or a genre, is just a graphical expression of violence. I find it little or almost none pros in the formation of a horror story.

Well good luck with a psychological horror, is some quiet interesting and it can be quiet complex, if you need help with characters, conflicts and other stuffs, feel free to ask.

PD: probably the best example you can have of psychological horror is Alfred Hitchcock.
    Last edited by ClockHand; 01-17-2012 at 04:43 PM.

thanks! I had a little trouble trying to explain it myself, but yours is muuch easier..
    oh yeah for my artwork i have no tablet or computer programs so all my work is by hand.

Hey i can make a HORROR Manga Story if you want ?

i have also Romance , comedy or adventure pm me if you want

show some of your art work.

Me ? i dont good at drawing but i can make story :3

One Thousand Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I have to do something like that for school, if you dont mind me turning it in for credit(i would make it clear i'm not the artist)

I wouldn't mind you turning it in~ (to happytree: thanks, but id like to see the story first!)
    i'll upload some work tonight, but first do you have some kinda thesis? i have 3 styles and would like to see what would work the best.