Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking Toron Aleo

Xanth made no sudden movements and slowly brought his hand back down to hold his hands up in defeat. "Alright, you got me." He spoke in a non-threatening tone. He was at a disadvantage because of the sheer numbers of Terons in the area. He saw some movement above them and he looked up to see a blindfolded Tarian and a Teron holding it. He didn't know what to do. He knew combat was out of the question, as was negotiation.

He sighed and was pushed to his knees by the Teron. They didn't do anything yet, but they seemed a little uneasy. I didn't realize that there was an atomosphere of danger. The hairs on the back of Xanth's neck were standing up. He immediately looked up at the Teron and said, "Danger's close. I suggest getting to the defense of your village. They aren't a very merciful people. The Galians." The last part he added some venom to and it surprised the Teron. But, he was told to shut up and hit slightly on th back of the head. He didn't take to it well and had to resist taking the spear and stabbing the Teron.

The Teron that was carrying the Talian finally arrived and walked over to him saying with a commanding hiss, "Take your friend. And leave this place immediately."

Xanth stood up slowly and said, "As you wish." He took the Talian out of the Teron's arms and bgan to walk away quickly but slow enough not to make her bounce in his arms. He knew she was wounded so he made sure to take off in the direction towards the base.

"Are you alright, Zanx-iie?" He asked in a slight caring tone, but he wasn't trying to get close to her either. He just wanted to know if he was gonna have to get murdered by Louie for not 'protecting' her.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Baisel was scurring about the Terons face, like an angy bird pestering a cat. She was swatted at several times before, the conversation was ended. She zoomed to Zanx-iie buzzing about her face, and pulling at her hair with a tiny grasp, frustrated that they, unlike her bondmate, would likely not understand her.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ceril crouched, stalking his prey through the thick gass, hidden by the foliage. He crawled closer and close inch by inch. His point of entry was only feet from the main gate of the camp, but he knew they would be busy with other things, to pay much notice to his rusling in the grass. When he reached the gates, he squeezed his body under the fence posts, scratching his back across the bottom of the beam.

When he was over he looked around noting he had ended up next to a line of tents, facing the enterace, a small blessing that he was out of site in their casted shadows. He turned to the fence and began to dig, his claws quickly uprooting any stubborn roots or pebbles. He dug until the hole was big enough to fit an average sized Tarian and then some. When he finished he huffed, and blinked the dirt form his eyes, every inch of his fur was covering in dirt. The slowly bleeding cut on his back was now thick and scabbed with mud.

He took the outermost edge of the camp around the back, laying low in the dirt when any movement was heard to near. He sniffed out the cages which held only those fairly uncertain to escape, the women and children. He whined when he reached them, letting only those at the back aware of his pressence, luckily they were still sane enough to feel relief and stay silent.

He began to dig once again, near the edge of the small wooden beamed prison and when the first could squeeze through, he directed them to lead the others through the whole he showed her. Quickly and quietly they began to slip out. When the numbers were dwindling to low, he knew they would begin to be noticed, so he left, the woman leading them to safety and slipped to the other end of the camp.

He soon reached a highly adorned looking dwelling surely of some noble or comander, it didn't really matter and he began to chew at the supports, pulling the stakes that would hold it upright. It was taking to long, so he searched for and found a fire pit, and lit a kindled piece of wood and set the tent ablaze. As he did, men came running to it with in moment.

"I'm in an extraordinary amount of pain but other than that, Tare is alright so I will live." She reached up and pulled her blindfold off. The light temporarily blinding her. "Sorry I ran off like that. I was tagged by a tracer round. I figured payback for shooting my companion would be them getting cooked alive and eaten by Torens. Rather than letting the Military follow me to camp. Although we have to stay away from Teron territory from now on." She rubbed her forehead and loosened her grip on Tare slightly. He huffed and lay his head on her shoulder, trying to sleep. She shifted and wrapped her arm around the Tarian's neck and winced and gave a rather pitiful whimper, pressing her face agaisnt his neck. She weakly batted the Silth away. Unable to do much more than that a it buzzed around her face and tugged at her hair.

"I hurt so much right now. Like after a beating in the mines. It feels like the time I fell into a crevice and dislocated my shoulder. I was trapped in there for hours, I couldn't speak, I couldn't breath, I thought I would die." Her voice was nearly breathless and punctuated with pain filled gasps. "I just wanted to curl up and die. I just wanted to have the pain end. I never thought I would be found, just forgotten." Zanx-iie closed her eyes tightly and pulled in a shuddering breath as her limbs trembled from the pain.

The slave Ceril had put in charge was a woman small and too thin, but she confidently led forth each of the memembers from their cell. Their were around twenty-three in all and as the fire was lit in the distance, she hurridly led the remaineder outside the camp. The only problem was, once they were all outside the camp, hidden off to the side, they were unsure of where to go, and what to do. Most were weak or just very scared of what would happen if they were caught. A murmer started to rush over the group, that this was no rescue. The slave girl in change turned to them with a glare "Hush, we should be grateful to be free of them, would you rather sit in that cage?"

They all fell silent, solumn looks upon their face, as she went back to scanning for any site of Gallians or a filty little fox.

A few moment past and the little fox was darting toward them, he gave them a proud yelp and then circled the group until they were all standing. He looked around the area, the safest place to return to. He began on a round about path, they were led on a wide circle around the patrolling Gallian soldiers, whose numbers where now cut, due to a fire they were trying to put out in their camp.

The group moved slowly, but steady, he followed a familiar scent, and Baisel was the first to greet him. He barked at her excitedly, reached up on his back paws to lick her. The group had reached the Teron's boudaries as far as he could tell and just ahead was an obviously in pain Zanx-iie and Xanth by her side.

He trotted toward them, and slumped by Zanx-iie's side quietly and unmoving. The only act of comfort he could recall.

Xanth nodded and understood that an agreement had been made between Zanx-iie and the Teron's. He made a mental note to honor the agreement since any other actions would only get her back into a bad mood. He continued to walk along with some determination, it was the need to get back to the base. He wasn't sure what to do with Zanx-iie in her condition and he didn't need to nag on her about how reckless that was. He figured she'd had enough problems for one day. Especially, with being hit by a Tracer round. Hearsay told of how painful the experience was. Some said it was because of the transmission of the round itself interupting the body's natural 'Transmission'. Whatever that meant. He saw Ceril try to comfort Zanx-iie but I think she had already found comfort in rest. 'A well deserved rest, actually..' He thought to himself.

Maul came out of the brush to walk beside Xanth. He turned his head up to nudge Zanx-iie softly and sniffed to smell that she was still alive. At first, Maul thought she was dead because of the way Xanth had carried her but he was sort of relieved. He padded ahead of them and disappeared into the brush.

Xanth watched Maul take off and then thought he could get Maul to give Zanx-iie a ride back to the base. But then again, it would be a rough and painful ride. So, he quickly put that idea aside and kept walking.

General Barius Tal paced the edge of the camp. He had arrived to chaos and his anger had only grown since then. Louie had tried to calm him down but it had not helped. He was pissed, Zanx-iie had become lax in her duties and was busy tormenting Military than actually doing her assignments. As her baba, he wished her safe and to take it easy on her but as a General he would treat her like any of his other soldiers. She would be reassigned and she would be sent far away from any military action, away from the Military, away from PoWs and slave barracks. He scowled darkly and turned his bulky frame and continued his pacing. He was dressed in formal Tarian Force attire and Louie fluttered around nervously, trying to calm him.

"She is just doing what she thinks is right, Barius. She is still young." Louie wrung her hands with a frown.

"She disobeys orders, not once, not twice, more than anyone else in the entire Force. She is a disgrace to the cause." He whirled around and threw his hand out. "She is a disgrace."

"Don't you dare, Barius! She is free-spirited and she has a heart the size of Tao Mountain, she is doing what she thinks is right! Don't you dare say she is a disgrace to the cause! She embodies the cause, she, and so many like her are the reason we have gotten so far!" Louie shook her finger at him, despite being close to half his height.

"She is a soldier in our army and she must follow orders. We can not have such blatant disregard for authority among the ranks. It creates division and our entire Force collapses. We do this because we have to." He turned and walked away. "This is the end of the discussion."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Zanx-iie woke up a bit later as Tare wriggled on her chest. Wishing to flap his wings. It took her a few seconds to realize she was being carried. The pain was viable but it was not as incapacitating as it had been.

"I do believe I can walk from here on out." She managed to flip herself out of the Tarian's arms and landed gracefully, careful to hold onto Tare with her good arm. She stood up a bit wobbly but stronger than she had before. Zanx-iie straightened her back and it popped several times. Tare squawked and she set him down before starting the walk into the moving camp. She froze when she saw her father. It took him a few seconds to see her and the look on his face did not bode well at all.

"Private Tal, step forward." At the use of her rank and last name Zanx-iie was practically shaking in her boots. She stepped closer. "You are being immediately relocated and reassigned." At the words she frowned.

"Baba-"

"I am not here as your father, I am here as your General. You are being officially reassigned to Fort Meridian on Tao Mountain. I have your gear. Take it and you are to leave immediately. Do I make myself clear?" His voice seemed to fade after the location he gave. The blood drained from her face and she felt almost light-headed. Louie inhaled sharply.

"I-"

"I said, Do I make myself clear?" His voice was almost cold and Zanx-iie stared at the ground with unseeing eyes.

"Yes, sir." A bag landed on the ground in front of her and she bent down and picked it up rather robotically. She shook slightly as turned and looked at the mountain peaks in the far distance.

"Move, soldier." At the words Zanx-iie took slow steps towards her new destination and away from her freedom.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Barius Tal, you had her on that mission once before and she almost didn't make it home. Some of the explorers didn't. Why would you do that to her? She is your daughter." Louie had never felt so angry. Zanx-iie didn't explain what had happened on the search for Fort Meridian but she had left Tao Mountain with something similar to PTSD. Nightmares and insomnia plagued her and even after twenty five years she still had troubles.

"And this is war! I cannot keep her here, she is a liability. Speaking of which. General Xanth, step forward." At his callous disregard, Louie shook her head.

"If she goes, I go with her."
    Last edited by Mistrus; 03-07-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Ceril watched as his band of freed woman and children were taken in with open arms by the hands of their encampment, but his momentary pride was strangled aways by General Tal. He watched as he barked forth his orders and wondering when he called forth Xanth, how much he knew of what had just transpired.

He was sure besides the obvious over reaction from Zanx-iie that he was the root of the entire situation, would he be sent on some unpleasant mission as well. He considered slinking away, but then concluded that perhaps Louie had spoken to the General of his involvement. He huffed and transformed back into human flesh, his body ridiculously covered in dirt and mud and a scrape that expanded up the expansion of his back still dripping down his leg into the soil below.

Xanth sneered at the other General with some disdain. He never particularly liked the guy, and he didn't step forward but rather started speaking, "You know what? For once in your damn life, can't you see the good she does. If it weren't for her a few times, we would be out of men to fight with! And then it'd just be you and me on the front lines, fighting! Fighting so that our children and women don't have to suffer!" Xanth was in a rage now, the look in his eye was a cross between hidden pain and anger at something lost in his own past. "And YOU! SENDING YOUR OWN DAUGHTER TO SUCH A PLACE! You should burn in hell for such an action!" He stormed off, not wanting to have the images of his slaughtered family surface. Not wanting to feel to that hidden pain again.

Xanth walked over to the ammunition tent and grabbed a rifle, twenty or so grenades, a few pounds of highly explosive detenation packs. He started to load rifle magazine and pistol magazines with high velocity rounds. Saulus and Kia, his advisers, came up behind him and asked at the same time almost, "What are you doing, sir?" Xanth just ignored them and continued to outfit himself with every weapon he could possibly handle. Saulus knew what this was, he had known him since his training days and this was a suicide mission. A few times Saulus swore that Xanth almost didn't come back. He turned on his heels and patted Kia on the shoulder to whisper, "There's nothing we can say that will stop him. Let's go." Kia also turned on her heels and left with Saulus.

Xanth was finally finished a few minutes later. General Tal came up behind him and started barking at him, "You should be sent there as well for your insolence. And what are you doing? You think I'm going to let you go back out there? You've done enough, Xanth." But Xanth ignored him as well. He hadn't seen the look in his eye, one glance was enough to know what Xanth was preparing to do. Xanth planned on not coming back for a while. Not being gone for good, but being gone for an amount of time that would allow him to clear his mind of his family.

Xanth walked past Tal and shoved him out of the way. He held up his helmet to put it on and most of the base was surprised to see him dressed up like some global conflict was going to happen. The faceplate on the helmet automatically darkened to hide his face form everyone else. Some who had prior experience with Xanth saluted him as he walked and some of the others not sure what to do, also saluted. This was a trip, Xanth didn't really want to return from.

Zanx-iie felt cold, her baba didn't realize the dangers that lay on Tao Mountain. The only way she had survived the first time around was because of her water control but it only took her so far before the bone chilling cold and the nothingness had drained her. She had watched good friends die and even better people. Fourteen people had started on the mission only six returned home. One she knew had died as he had taken his last breath in her arms. Dragil Volik, a good friend and the mountain claimed him as hers. The other seven had seperated from them during an avalanche. She had waited for them up on the ridge for weeks. Then when she made it home she waited still. Months turned into years and still Zanx-iie never gave up hope that they would make it home. Her radio stayed by her side and she occasionally searched for their voices on it. She knew she should have gotten help with the issues but she kept herself busy and thought that it could heal given time.

It never had. She kept their names close to her heart and it was the reason she stopped exploring and joined the Raiders. She spent her hours rescueing slaves because she never had the chance to rescue them. It fulfilled a psychological need but the need was played in a loop. Never ending. She never eased her guilt and she never rescues or found those that needed it on Tao Mountain.

"Zanx-iie! Wait!" It was Louie and Zanx-iie stopped and turned around.

"Louie, go back. I have my orders, please, take care of Tare."

"Your father didn't mean it, Zanx-iie! He couldn't have. Please, don't go." Louie looked about ready to cry and Zanx-iie bit back her own tears.

"Baba didn't send me, Louie. My General did. I cannot disobey a direct order." She rubbed her forehead and Louie grasped her arms.

"I cannot let you go! It could mean the death of you." Louie looked at her so heartbroken that Zanx-iie had to push her away and turn around.

"Aunty, I love you I do but I promise to come back. I promise to come back in one piece." She looked up just as Tare landed and shook her head. "Tare, stay with Louie." He tilted his head and squawked angrily. Zanx-iie shook her head.

"I'm sorry."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Barius sighed and turned to look at Ceril. He walked over a headache building rapidly. This had not gone as planned.

"Ceril, I'm going to talk straight to you. We interrupted a Military broadcast. They are no longer looking just for our camps, they are looking for any and all royal affiliates. I am sending each one to a specific area where they will be taken to a certain safe house. We cannot let the royal affiliates get taken by the Military." He ran his hand through his hair and shook his head. "If they catch anyone of us, it could mean the end of the war. We would lose."
    Last edited by Mistrus; 03-08-2012 at 07:55 PM.

Xanth knew the pain of losing family. Far greater than most because of the bond they all shared. Now, there was nothing. No warm feeling when they would speak to him, no comfort in the darkest of times. Instead, he was met with the cold reality of the world. Kill or be killed. Live or let die. Choices he made during his career would be insane and psychotic at best, and suicidal at worst. He continued to walk away from everything he has ever known, everything he has ever faught for. But still, nothing culd ever fill that hole he felt inside. The emptiness that had replaced everything he had ever loved. He was only a shell of a man, a ghost. A spectre in the night that took the souls of those who came too close.