Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Taking Toron Aleo

(Sorry for the small post. I'm mentally burnt out from being in school all day)
    Something had hit Xanth square in the face. He stumbled back and had his pistol out in a blink of an eye, and saw someone's companion. The thing seemed to want him to go in a specific direction in the forest. But he had no idea of whether to trust it or not. Nevermind that, he just started running in the general direction.

Xanth heard a rifle being cocked in the brush to his left and then whoever it was opened fire. To Xanth everything was slowed down, and he opened fire back with his pistol. He hit whoever it was but a bullet caught him in the thigh. It brought him down but he got right back up and ran, trying to figure out where that person's companion was to lead him to where ever. Xanth's speed wasn't slowed down at all by the bullet that was lodged in his thigh, but the danger was where the bullet impacted on bone fracturing it. If left unchecked, would cause Xanth's leg to start hemorraging.
    For every two minutes of glamour, there are eight hours of hard work."

Zanx-iie pushed the man away and focused on running, on getting Tare to the cleanest, freshest source of water she could find. Her breath came in ragged gasps as she sprinted closer to the waterfall that lay near her position. She shoulder burned and throbbed and tears burned her eyes. Just as she came into the clearing with the waterfall she was surrounded by a group of Terons. Despite their sharp spears pointed at her, she sighed in relief.

"I need help. A trade, help me and my friend and I will give you whatever I have." She looked at the biggest one and he put his spear down.

"A trade... What do you have that is worth your life and the life of your Elut?" He motioned to the others and Zanx-iie winced as her bullet wound throbbed.

"Probably a trace round bullet. If you take me to your camp, the Military will follow. They haven't run across your camps before. My life for several meals. But please, my Elut, Tare. He was shot too, will you trade?" Her chest hurt and the large Teron nodded.

"We will have to blindfold you and your Elut and we will have to carry you as well. You are weak, your scent tells us you are unstable right now." He motioned to two separate Terons and they walked over. One took Tare and the other picked up Zanx-iie. Its skin was leathery and rough but Zanx-iie sagged into it gratefully. She was tired, exhausted really. She certainly hoped no one followed her, if they did, they could find themselves over a spit in a Teron campfire. A dark cloth was wrapped around her eyes and she gave a small smile. There was no better revenge than getting her enemies cooked alive before being devoured.

"We will have the bullet removed from both you and your Elut. After we have patched you up, you are to go. Are the terms understood?" The rough hissing voice was in front of her and Zanx-iie nodded.

"My life and health for the trace round that will guarantee you several meals. I understand and I agree." She held out her hand blindly and it was shaken by a clawed, scaly hand. A metal cuff was clamped around her wrist and Zanx-iie tore a strip off her shirt and fumbled to get it tied around the Teron's wrist. Once tied on she wrapped her good arm around the Teron's neck and adjusted her position in his arms.

"Our agreement is binding. We can leave." At the words they started running and Zanx-iie closed her eyes behind her blindfold and prayed that no one followed her.

Ceril was furious. His compassion for Zanx-iie had drained. He once again transformed. "Rather be taken by Terons than accept my help, and all this because she thinks I proposed to her" he cursed inwardly. "A brat, that's what she is." He added in thought.

He had observed the entire transaction from a safe distance, crouched behind shrubbery, with ears alert. Once they were gone he found his way quickly to his previously stripped clothing. He was so angry, he would have willing faced the entire Gallion army.

He transformed back and quickly tossed on his leather armor and pulled from his thigh wrap several throwing daggers. Shortly after Baisel flew to his side humming and swirling before him, he could see in the distance Xanth.

Zanx-iie blinked rapidly when the blindfold was taken off. She was set down on her feet and she grasped at her shoulder. They were in a dimly lit cave and Zanx-iie was pushed gently towards a near cot.

"Lay down and our medicine woman will come in and remove that bullet. After that, you are free to leave." The large Teron left and Zanx-iie made her way to the cot. She lay down and whimpered in pain. She could hear Tare squawking pitifully from somewhere near-by.

"I'm sorry, Tare. I really am." She pressed her hand agaisnt her face and bite back tears. Tare squawked questioningly. "We couldn't go to the forts or the camps. This bullet will give away the position and I cannot let that happen. If I give the Terons the bullet, the Military will follow the trace round here and to their deaths. It is better this way. None of my people get hurt. None of their positions are given away." A bright light moved closer and the familiar thump and dragging of a Teron's tail on the ground.

"Tarian blood. Military metal. I can smell it. Elut blood as well. You Tarians are always getting into trouble. Always fighting." The voice was almost feminine but it was still rough and hissing. Zanx-iie shook her head.

"We fight to save our people. To free them. It is a cause worth fighting for." She winced as she shifted on the rough wooden cot and the air filled with a hissing laughter.

"Is it Tarian? Is it worth the death of your loved ones, your people? Foolish creatures. War will not solve anything, war creates hate and Toron Aleo is tired of hate." The Teron moved closer and looked down at her and Zanx-iie looked into her milky white eyes, realizing she was blind. "Blind, yes, I am but I can still heal my people and a trade is a binding agreement. I must help you and your Elut." She leaned over and pressed one clawed hand to Zanx-iie's good shoulder.

"This will hurt, Tarian. Try not to scream too loudly." With that the Teron used her other clawed hand to prob the wound in Zanx-iie's shoulder. Zanx-iie's vision went dark with blinding pain and she screamed in pain. "Hush up. It will not hurt for much longer." With that the Medicine woman extracted the bullet. Zanx-iie was left breathing harshly on the table with sweat dotting her brow.

"I don't know what I want to curse but that hurt." She blinked and the Medicine woman applied a salve to the wound.

"It hurts, yes but this will burn even worse." She gave a hissing laugh once more and Zanx-iie tried her best to keep her screams down as it felt like someone was shoving a hot poke into her already painful wound. "It will cauterize the wound. Leaving no chance for infection or bleeding." It will hurt for a good hour but you will be out on your snout long before then." She shook violently from the pain radiating from her shoulder. The pain seemed to be spreading as her nerves tried to even out the distribution of the pain.

"Your bird is fine. It hit the fleshy part of his wing. He has lost a few feathers but he will heal within the hour just as you will. Now out!" At the words Zanx-iie staggered to her feet and grabbed her shoulder in the hopes some pressure would dull the pain. It helped a little but the pain was still nearly debilitating. She staggered over to Tare's cot and the Elut was standing on the floor squawking at her. She kneeled down wrapped her good arm around him and hugged him tightly.

"Thank goodness you are all right." She let him go and stood up. "Come, we have to leave."

Xanth came across a small fox in the shrubbery and raised an eyebrow to frown at the corner of his mouth, "...Ceril..." The tone of Xanth's voice was cold. He didn't particularly like Ceril, not because he was a fool. But, because he thought he was trying to help Zanx-iie. If Xanth had learned anything is that Zanx-iie was a woman of her own right, and having a life full of having everything at her fingertips would only distress her.

Xanth looked in the direction that Ceril was looking and saw a Teron trade trail in the thick of the shrubs. He began to think about why Ceril was here of all places, then he deducted that Zanx-iie probably had a very dire situation and traded with the Teron. He looked at a leaf in the shrubs to see Tarian blood on it. Xanth wiped his fingers in it and rubbed them together to speak to himself, "The blood's thick and still slightly warm...this means that I just missed her...Gods forbid if anything happens to her on my watch. I don't want to have to deal with Louie."

Maul, a Hent, came out of the shrubbery to see Ceril and he was about to pounce on him when I whistled at him. His attention was immediately on me. I shook my head at him and tapped my nose with a finger, which caused Maul to sniff at Ceril in his present form and Maul snorted to growl slightly. He padded over to Xanth and nudged him to look behind him.

Xanth looked over his shoulder to see some Terons coming along the trail. He turned to face them and one of them, a large one to be exact, asked, "What are you doing here, Tarian?" The Teron held his spear in a defensive/threatening stance.

"I'm looking for a friend..." Xanth replied while putting his hands up to show that he didn't want to fight.

The Teron looked him up and down to put his spear down, "Want to trade?"

"Sure." Xanth walked slowly up to the Teron and he pulled out a small little sack that was full of coins, "This is all I have to trade with."

"Hmm...I have no need for Tarian money." The Teron seemed kind of...skittish.

"No, of course not. But you can melt it down and turn it into a spearhead." Xanth held out the bag.

"What do you want in return, Tarian?" The Teron asked.

"To be able to travel through your lands to find a friend. And if you can tell me if she went through here." Xanth looked at the Teron square in the eyes and was calm about his reply. The Teron seemed to contemplate this trade and he turned to whisper to his fellow Terons. This caused Xanth to sigh slightly and tap his foot on the ground. He thought to himself, 'The longer I'm here, the farther away she gets...'

Ceril stood, miniature in stature to all creatures around him. A growl was building in his throat, and becoming more difficult to swallow down. The anger that resided in his true nature was difficult to subside at the moment. His entire meaning for speaking with Zanx-iie had been blown apart. While a misunderstanding from the simple use of the word marriage had led to this entire problematic situation.

He dug his claws into the dirt thinking that now, the PoW camp he'd spent days scouting, and any information he had gathered would likely be rendered useless. "For the gods, I refuse to stand here and do nothing!" His mind screamed in protest.

He honestly couldn't blame Xanth for making Zanx-iie his first priority at this moment, but he could certainly resent it. He knew what Xanth didn't, that she made a deal for safe passage and was in no need of looking after or taking up for, not that she ever seemed to be. He knew he had not earned anyone's respect and didn't feel he deserved it anyways, but still, in times like these, he wanted nothing more than to rip someone flesh into pieces.

Ceril gave a yelp to Baisel and signaled for her to accompany Xanth, knowing her persuasion with Terons might become useful to them. He however would help where he felt most need, he turned on his toes and with a flip of his tail darted in the direction of the Gallian camp. Perhaps in the chaos of their recent encounter he could sneak in and release a handful of slaves, guiding them to safety. To him that would be a mission worth taking. In minutes he was within the enemy camp boundaries, stalking the edges looking for entry.

Xanth heard Ceril take off while leaving his companion to help with the negotiation. He wondered why the Affiliate took off with the vigor he did. And something he wondered was if he was trying to run off to his death, and he looked back at the Terons who were still trying to figur something out. During the discussion they started to fight, which distracted them. Xanth used this to ran past them and follow the scent of blood in the air. It would take him to where he probably didn't want to be, but he needed to find Zanx-iie to bring her back to the camp. He ran without being distracted by anything.

Zanx-iie's legs shook from the pain and she could barely walk because of it. Her shirt was sticky with her blood that was rapidly cooling and she struggled to walk forward.

"Weak kit." The medicine woman was back and Zanx-iie gave a thin smile. The Teron shook her scaly head and her forked tongue flicked up and down. "Come, I will help you if you are that weak." She walked over and her scaly hand wrapped around Zanx-iie's waist. She reached up with her good arm and held onto the Teron's thick and scaly neck.

"I am sorry to be a bother but whatever you put into that salve is causing an extreme amount of pain." Zanx-iie's arm shook and sweat beaded on her forehead from the pain. The words were breathy and punctuated with winces. The Teron shook her head again.

"You Tarians are so easily hurt but we Teron's know pain just as well as you do. We eat those who trespass but we have compassion. Much more than the Galians who enslave the people of Toron Aleo. We are honest and we are honourable." Her hissing voice was hard to understand at times but Zanx-iie tried her best to understand.

"Not many people would hold onto their end of the bargain. Terons always will. It is why we like to deal with you. We can trust you." To Zanx-iie's surprise the Teron laughed.

"Trust? No, we do not trust you any more than you trust us. You know we will keep our word, that is all. You Tarians are so trusting, it has always been that way since the fire in the sky. You trust the Silths and the Silths lead you to your deaths, yet you trusted them still." They slowly started walking and Zanx-iie looked to make sure Tare was following with his slow and waddling walk.

"I guess that is the way on Toron Aleo." Zanx-iie hissed in pain and She took a breath to finish the statement.

"Nature always finds a way." They spoke at the same time and Zanx-iie gave a thin and weak smile.

"She is in the Air we breathe, the water we drink-"

"The earth we walk on and the fire we use. Yes, yes, kit. I know about it as you do. Such was our life before the Galians arrived in their ships. Mother Aleo cried the moment they stepped onto her flesh." The Medicine woman fell silent and Zanx-iie focused on trying to get her pain riddled body to move forward. Tare squawked quietly to himself and tried his best to waddle faster. The entrance to the cave appeared in front of them and Zanx-iie covered her eyes as they adjusted to the sunlight.

"So the Tarian emerges. I suggest you keep your eyes covered until we blindfold you." It was a masculine sounding voice and the Medicine woman muttered and hissed to herself as she released Zanx-iie and shuffled back into the cave. Zanx-iie forced herself to remain standing when all she wanted to do was curl up into a ball and wait for the pain to stop. A blindfold was wrapped around her eyes and she allowed herself to try and relax. it wasn't helping with the pain much and she hissed from between her teeth. "What did you just call my mother?" the voice was angry and Zanx-iee shook her head quickly.

"No, I wasn't-" A rough hissing laugh sounded.

"You Tarians fall for that one all the time. Come, take my hand and I will lead you to the edge of the camp." A clawed hand grasped hers and Zanx-iie shook her head slowly.

"Can I rest, just for a moment?" She panted slightly and winced in pain.

"Not for long. Sit and feel the breeze Tarian, there is no place to feel the breeze than here." Clawed hands helped her to sit and Zanx-iee closed her eyes behind the blindfold. the breeze did feel quite nice from her position and she sighed as Tare walked into her lap as he had done thousands of times before. Tucking his head under her chin and cooing gently.

Xanth was still runnning and he knew he was being followed. He could hear the Teron's behind him, following his scent. He lookd over his shoulder and could see them catching up slowly. So, he started to push himself to his own limits which could cause him some damage later. But for now, survival is the only thing that mattered beside getting Zanx-iie back to the base. "They're fast, I'll give them that much." He spoke to himself as he ran. A spear went sailing past his head and he heard a roar of anger because the Teron missed. Xanth was more than determined to stay alive regardless of the situation.

Maul had stayed behind and sat at the edge of Teron territory waiting on his companion to come back. He sniffed and he smelled him running in front of the Terons. He also caught Zanx-iie's sent on the wind. He wished he could tell Xanth, but the distance was too great and there were unknown dangers in Teron territory which Maul did not want to deal with.

Xanth kept running and stopped as he came across a field that had a large number of Teron's waiting for him. The ones behind him stopped and began to circle him. Xanth was reaching for his Katars, but he felt a spear right against his throat. He looked over to see a Teron holding the spear in stance that meant that he meant business.

Zanx-iie sighed and tried to stop the trembling in her limbs to no avail. The pain left her breathless and the Teron beside her hissed slowly, as if relaxing. The breeze was cool on her sweat soaked neck and forehead.

"Is the view as wonderful as the breeze feels?" She rested her check against Tare's head and sighed into his feathers. The Elut cooed lovingly and bumped his beak against her nose. The Teron beside her hissed slowly.

"There are many different views on what is wonderful or beautiful. To me, seeing the village spread out below me. Seeing my people wandering around doing what they have for hundreds of thousands of years. That is the most wonderous sight. It isn't like your giant stone forts or the Silths trees but to me it is beautiful." A rasping sigh sounded and Zanx-iie fought back the pain long enough to genuinely smile.

"Then it must be wonderous indeed. I think I can walk to the edge of the territory. If I had help." She gave a rather shaky chuckle and carefully picked Tare up with her good arm. She was helped to her feet.

"What do possibly have to trade?" The Teron was laughing and Zanx-iie smiled crookedly.

"Nothing but my freedom from Galian chains." She kept Tare close to her chest.

"You can keep that but I will trade for your words. Tarian camps are moving far to close to our territory bringing the Military with them. Keep your camps away from the red rocks and the waterfall and we shall be even." They were moving quickly and Zanx-iie had trouble keeping up. Her breath came in sharp, short. bursts and she could hear her heartbeat in her ears. She could feel it in her wound.

"Thats a deal but could we slow down? I do not know if I can keep this pace up." The words were gasped out and she had the feeling they were going down hill.

"I am sorry for the rush but I sense trouble past our waterfall. Danger is in the air. I wish to make it there before it becomes death." The hissing voice seemed even harder to understand at a run ad Zanx-iie kept her mouth shut and focused on trying not to fall and injure herself more. "Only a few moments more, Tarian. I can smell my brethren now. I m going to carry you. Ee will move quicker that way." With that Zanx-iie was picked up and she felt them accelerate rapidly. Terons could run faster than anything on Toron Aleo. That was why it was best not to cross thelm. You could run but they could cath you quicker than you could think possible. After a twisting and jarring ride, they finally slowed and Zanx-iie felt mildly sick from the throbbing pain.

"Just as I thought. Another Tarian who has gotten into trouble." They stopped and Zanx-iie was set down and he hand was taken by the Teron's claws. "Come. We must get you to the other Tarian. They will take you home." Zanx-iie noded blindly. The blindfold still firmly on her face.
    Last edited by Mistrus; 03-06-2012 at 06:29 PM.