Thread: Help on correcting the imbalance pic

Hybrid View

Help on correcting the imbalance pic

Everytime I drew something it looks better like this

But if you try to view this in horizontal way it becomes like this

Something is odd in here isn't it ?
    And I have to correct it.Can you help me how so that the next time I finsihed it I don't have to correct it again.

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar
    The thing is that the image is correct, no matter which way it's flipped. You're brain just gets used to looking at the mistake one way, and flipping the image "reminds" your brain that there are errors. The only way to avoid it is to flip the image horizontally every few minutes when drawing. Correct any mistakes when it's flipped, then flip it back. Do this all the way through finishing the piece.

The more you practice, the smaller your mistakes will be when you flip the image. Your anatomy will slowly get intuitively more balanced with practice. Hope that helped.

Thx,I'll see how it turns out when I practice more.

Darn, I love your style!

I think the chin could stand to be tilted a bit more towards the closer eye, but you probably knew that already.
    I get the impression that he/she's inclining their forehead towards the viewer, which would result in the chin being foreshortened and un-skewed a wee bit.
    Last edited by Hamachi; 01-14-2012 at 12:28 PM.

Tip: Flip it really fast and the FIRST THING you think is weird, is probably the thing that is most incorrect.

Try flipping it quickly and flipping it back again don't look at it too long because you will get used to it in both positions, this is a great way to find mistakes in your images.

the first thing i noticed in this picture is the eyes, I think they are a little uneven.

Thx for another tip :-D