Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your idea for a game?

What's your idea for a game?

Hopefully this has not been asked, but I didn't feel like surfing through the different threads to check.

Anyway, my question is that we have all played some type of video game in our life. I would like to ask for your idea on a game that you would like to play or create.

My idea is a game where YOU get to decide the outcome of the story. The plot of a game ALWAYS has the same ending. Some nobody is chosen to collect magical items in order to fight the overly powerful villain and save the princess and the world. Wash, rinse, repeat. No matter how many times you play it, the outcome is always the same. Well I say there should be a game where the choices you make determine the story.
    The hero wakes up. He has received a summoning from the king. You have two choices to make; (1) answer the summon, (2) go give the annoying boy next door a wedgie for replacing your shampoo with glue.
    One of the two choices will determine what happens next in the story.
    (1) Chat politely with the blond girl in the pink dress (2) Make-out with the brunette in the silk robe.
    The one you choose will be the girl that you rescue.
    Blah...blah...etc...and so forth.
    I honestly think that this will make a great game. Your choices will determine who are your friends, who is your enemy, and which girl your character will be smooching on in the last dungeon.

So what are some of your ideas and what do you think of mine?
    You've been CHARMED!

I want to make a game so fulled of bugs that the only way to win is to fulfill every bug on it in 4 seconds.

Ruler of the Seventh Empire GunZet's Avatar
    Preparing the laser beam, we're gonna use it tonight.
    I'd like a full life simulator game, so that I can test out multiple decisions before actually making a decision. Effectively becoming 101% at life, unlike somebody I know.

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    I want to make a game so fulled of bugs that the only way to win is to fulfill every bug on it in 4 seconds.
    this would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenn
    You forgot your F in Modesty.

A game where you are a giant set of dice rolling people around

101 Dalmations Member GAbRieLWrIgHt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saiyagal85 View Post
    Hopefully this has not been asked, but I didn't feel like surfing through the different threads to check.

Anyway, my question is that we have all played some type of video game in our life. I would like to ask for your idea on a game that you would like to play or create.

My idea is a game where YOU get to decide the outcome of the story. The plot of a game ALWAYS has the same ending. Some nobody is chosen to collect magical items in order to fight the overly powerful villain and save the princess and the world. Wash, rinse, repeat. No matter how many times you play it, the outcome is always the same. Well I say there should be a game where the choices you make determine the story.
    The hero wakes up. He has received a summoning from the king. You have two choices to make; (1) answer the summon, (2) go give the annoying boy next door a wedgie for replacing your shampoo with glue.
    One of the two choices will determine what happens next in the story.
    (1) Chat politely with the blond girl in the pink dress (2) Make-out with the brunette in the silk robe.
    The one you choose will be the girl that you rescue.
    Blah...blah...etc...and so forth.
    I honestly think that this will make a great game. Your choices will determine who are your friends, who is your enemy, and which girl your character will be smooching on in the last dungeon.

So what are some of your ideas and what do you think of mine?
    jerk, you stole my idea... -.- i've always wanted to make a game like that, RPG style. That would be a SUPER rpg

A game where you are a horse that best on humans that are racing.

Quote Originally Posted by GAbRieLWrIgHt View Post
    jerk, you stole my idea... -.- i've always wanted to make a game like that, RPG style. That would be a SUPER rpg
    Jerk? You hurt my feelings.
    I say great minds think alike! Maybe someday there will be a game like that. And yes it would be a SUPER RPG!
    You've been CHARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by jubeh View Post
    A game where you are a horse that best on humans that are racing.
    That sounds awesome! LOL!
    You've been CHARMED!

Quote Originally Posted by ClockHand View Post
    Welcome to Daikatana.

As for the thread starter's idea... It's basically what Fable has been teasing us with, and failing to deliver, for years. To be fair, through, I can only imagine what poor sap they could actually get to record those thousands upon multi-gajillions of possible dialogue choices. :p