Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sailor Moon: Love it, hate it, it's here to stay :)

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    Who doesn't? ;I

Eh. Sailor Moon. Used to watch it with my sister as mentioned in the other thread; Always throught it would make for a hilarious combination with Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei humour. The canadian artist Dan Kim likes to play with it's memes too... I guess that makes Reg a proxy fan?

Quote Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
    You have 400 year old clothes? So basically you dress like this?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fAustria01.jpg

Dude, totally. Anna and I go waaaaay back. In fact, my sister's middle name is Anna (true story.)

Nah, I'm stupid, I meant 4 decades...40 years. This is why my attempt at being an enviornmentalist failed...I suck at math and numbers in general. I just trust others to figure crap for me right...it's not a fun way to go through life...

@ Reg: So, what's this Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei you speak of? And do you have any examples of these Sailor Moon memes?
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

SZS is a really bizzare high school-type anime with alot more 'teen guy humour' (randomness, violence, lewdity) than average, and creepy-cute style animation to boot. Swaps genre pretty much every episode, and in perticular there was one about a magical girl armed with a shovel... I digress, through, since it's not really for everybody...

Anyway. As for memes, I guess I'm just trying to say that all the standard characters and cliches are just begging to be used for a story in a differant genre; Lovecraftian horror, gumshoe detective story, gritty western... :333

Sailor Moon: Love it, hate it, it's here to stay
    That sounds like a wager.
    i wake up every morning and brush my teeth with rainbows after i piss excellence and wash my face with glory

Oh it is Seeing as how it keeps coming up everywhere. And Sailor Moon/Dragon Ball Z crossover hentai seems to be popular (though I never could see why.)

101 Dalmations Member Arashi500's Avatar
    prolly because they were the pioneer anime in America.

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    Also they are both - at least in the West - the most famous examples of their respective genres. Also while there were shounen fight manga/anime before DBZ, and there were, arguably, magical girl anime before Sailor Moon (although Cutey Honey is the Ur-Magical Girl I understand it is to Magical Girl what Gigantor is to giant robots - the prototype but not the first "true" example) these two really established and/or codified a lot of - if not the majority of - the tropes that define these genres.

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Sailor Moon Manga is Coming to US. Includes Sailor V prequel.

Totally surprising news! Wasn't expecting something like this to happen at all. D: D:

YYYYYYYYAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!! I love you! You just made my day (er...night, since I'm getting ready for bed.) What a sleuth, how did you find this? I can never navigate Anime News Net...I get intimidated by too much text on a website Good thing you don't!

*Can't wait* Thanks for the update!

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    Haha - np! Gotta share the good news, you know? :3

ANN's a cinch if you sign up for their RSS feed and just scan the titles. It makes life easier cuz, yeah, looking through their homepage is kind of a chore. =_=

Anyways, on to text some friends with the news. Huhuhuuuu~