Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sailor Moon: Love it, hate it, it's here to stay :)

Sailor Moon: Love it, hate it, it's here to stay :)

Yeah, figuring out there's a lot of fans of this series on here...so let's discuss it, shall we?

Just found out you can use Spoiler tags. So if you're gonna spoil something, please put it in a box.

SPOILER! :
    Like this.

Background info:

Began: Manga and anime series both started in 1992.
    Author: Naoko Takeuchi
    Series: Sailor Moon, Sailor Moon S, Sailor Moon Stars

Pretty Graphics:

Who's gonna post first? (watch, I'll start this and it'll be a fail :P )
    Last edited by Blue_Dragon; 01-12-2011 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Changed Spoiler info
    Website!: www.ceruleandreams.org
    Updated 4/6/13: Please Critique

I don't really like the manga (but not hate it either), but I absolutely love the anime. In fact, Sailor Moon anime is the one that opened my eyes to pretty/moe anime (before that, I only watch Voltes V, Sentai/Tokusatsu Series, Saint Seiya, etc.

It's a first for many. It's one of the first animes actually played in like...mainland America (as far as I can tell.) I mean, Anime anime (not Thunder Cats or the like which is Japanese animated, but for some reason never associated with Anime...go figure...)

Transformers, too, but I didn't watch it as religiously.

Edit: by main land America, I mean the Midwest, cause we get this stuff slowly. If you lived in California, you had manga and anime much sooner.

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I totally love the anime series. I've never had the chance to pick up the manga which is too bad but maybe someday I'll get my hands on some.

When it started airing, the other anime that was airing was Dragon Ball. Lucky for me, I happened to have stumbled upon it because they were showing it so early in the morning like 5 am. After Sailor Moon's success, other anime's began to be shown like Pokemon, Tekkaman Blade, Digimon, Shaman King, etc. on a regular basis.

The manga's really good. I like it better than the anime (which I'm re-watching) since it has less filler and repetition. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the anime, too. I just the manga better. They recently put out new additions, which are better than the Pocket Mixx brand I was getting, cause they read the original way (they weren't flipped like Pocket Mixx) and I think they're a little bigger in size, like normal manga, or maybe a little bigger (Pocket Mixx went really small for some reason...)

Dude, yeah, you're right! I used to wake up at 5 to watch Sailor Moon so my older sister didn't know I watched it (I was scared she'd make fun of me,) and then I found out that after I went back to bed at 5:30, she'd wake up and watch the 6:30 showing! It was funny when we found out.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Dragon View Post
    Dude, yeah, you're right! I used to wake up at 5 to watch Sailor Moon so my older sister didn't know I watched it (I was scared she'd make fun of me,) and then I found out that after I went back to bed at 5:30, she'd wake up and watch the 6:30 showing! It was funny when we found out.
    lol That's funny!

New manga editions? For real? Who's publishing? Or are you talking about the ones that came out like five years ago?

Yeah, when I say "new" I mean "newer." Heh, with me, anything within that happened within the decade is still "new." I think I need to get with it :P

Yes, I can see it now... Blue_Dragon eating food that was at least a decade old, wearing clothes a decade old, and sporting some funky hair-do from 10 years ago too. D:

The clothes need to be more...forty decades old, and you'd have it right

Bad Enough Dude to Rescue the President Kodos's Avatar
    You have 400 year old clothes? So basically you dress like this?
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...fAustria01.jpg

Do you like big boobs? Dragons? Ninja? Martial arts? Wizards? Then click here and make all your wildest dreams come true!!