Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Al's attic.-Critques highly appreciated(nudity present)

The third environment study has got to be my favorite. Like was said earlier it feels split but I still like the tilt to the horizon, the vibrant colors and the dynamic contast very much

Question: When you paint do you start with a monochromatic underpainting or do you just start laying in color?
    "Join Luthor in Ultraman's fortress and leave Superwoman to me and my mustache."

@Gedeon - Oh you are right! i knew somethin was off thanks :]

@indescribable -hey..thanks for pointing that out. ah right in the third envirnment the sky normally wont be blue.. will keep that in mind

@cypress- thanks mate :]

@kasey- i start out directly with colors. though i accept i find it really tough when coming up with a pallete :/ still trying to learn. and thanks :] i use a layer on top filled with black and blending mode set to saturation just to check if the values are comming out well.
    Last edited by -Al; 02-21-2012 at 04:45 PM.

101 Dalmations Member Scarletlight's Avatar
    Good god the environments are buetiful. I'd suggest you be careful with the size of the girls forehead though, it seems to extend along way up beyond where I think it should go.

@ scarletlight you are right, thanks.

srry guys have been slacking off a lot lately :/

a portrait of a friend

and a quick sketch i did today.
    Last edited by -Al; 08-26-2012 at 02:44 AM. Reason: images wont load.

Wow, these look great! I really can't say anything about them as they are both so good :O particularly the armour the woman in the bottom sketch is wearing, it looks awesome and so inventive

the quick sketch looks awesome....really like the tribal design on this. How quick was it?
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Why you so negative, "-"Al? :o

Seriously through, these are pretty nice and deserve more views. I'm assuming a major reffie for the first, but it is still pretty damn skilled.

The tribal girl... Really damn nice design considering it was a quick sketch and all, not to mention that these sinister mad-maxian things are hard to pull off at an rate. I gotta say, through, perhaps there is something wrong with her neck? I can tell what you were going for, but it looks like her head should be sticking out alot further to me.

I really like the wispy strokes, it seems almost like your paintings are formed from mist

999 Knights Member AlmanacnamedTime's Avatar
    I think I want to see stuff in color as well as monochrome. It just looks cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Liebe View Post
    I pegged you as a sadist, nyuck nyuck.
    My Story Thread

If you took the time to read this, you can just call me Al, or Stan.