Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the mind of the shaman; masters recreation

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    that has alot to do with 3 things
    1. my drawings are not eye candy unlike many other members drawings are, with that said I am to lazy to go any further into that statement.
    2. due to my dealings in the past on this board, their are a lot of members who don't like me, but i could give a flying fuck about them either, so I could care less.
    3....This falls off of #2, this board just like the old one is a popularity contest. The most popular are always the ones seen the most, people try to play this down by saying art itself is subjective to what one likes or don't likes, but honestly when it comes down to it, someone will one product more if that product comes from someone they like better than the other product.

Anyways, I am always drawing, I eat, and sleep drawing, and I dream of myself drawing. Like I had said in the past, theirs a difference between a hobbyist and someone who is actually striving to push to a professional level. Form, Perspective, and Value I live in this world and their have been days I had chose getting art materials over food. For every picture I had posted on this site, their are at least 7 I haven't posted on this site, like for example I have yet to bother posting any of my gauche, watercolors, or acrylic paintings on this site, same goes for my charcoal drawings. Anyways, as far as the face go I have plenty of books on the structure of the head, talked to my instructors on it as well, I already know my problem with it.I still can't recreate the planes like I want to, I need to do 99 more self portraits before I get it.

As far as digital goes, its not happening anytime soon. I am hardcore traditional artist, and will remain that way until I am required to do digital artwork for a job.

Here's some sketches I've down last week.

thumbnails

more figures

need more contrast

I guess I can post it here, I am soon going to be starting an a album of a sorts, The title is called "insatiable" , the contents of the album will be a series of pictures done in various mediums following a psychotic figure. The viewer never sees the figures face, he is always wearing a large coat, gloves, blue jeans, boats, and a hood. Each composition is a new murder, or torture being committed by the figure. So anyone thing that this would be an interesting album of artwork to create?

maybe if i was 14

my shading is horrendous, but here is a scene sketch, the chocolate village.

does ur scanner make the stuff look lighter

Super Senior Member CypressDahlia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_shaman View Post
    1. my drawings are not eye candy unlike many other members drawings are...
    By this, you mean your drawings are not good, right? Or do you mean it's because people enjoy looking at others' drawings more than yours? Both of these reasons would be valid. Except you chose to frame it like it's everyone else's fault. Not just that, but you insulted the integrity of their work. GG, Synnworld.

I've been in a art depression lately, trying to draw but ultimately wasting paper. Today it actually interfered with my studio work and now its driving me insane.... So i decided to take a couple of steps back and go back in time i a sense. I pulled out my old anime drawing books (I am not one for throwing things away) and started sketching some of the pictures more anatomically stylized than from anime. Maybe this helped me get back into a drawing mood, anyways here are the sketches.

Too everyone who is about to ask and I know someones going to ask, the last one is a fish.

.....i-interesting ........manga....books you've got.......XD Anyways your art in general is great. You've got a bit too wobbly lines for my tastes but it can be explained as a style so i dont get it why should be in a not drawing mood anyways! I think that you could do amazing things with realism.
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

Actually its simple really, and this is a problem a lot of artist have, I am never satisfied with any of my sketches or drawings. This dissatisfaction leads to frustrations especially when trying to do a pose that's hard for me to grasp, and outfits which I fucking suck at trying to design. I might need to take some fashion classes at my college, anyways to toss salt on my wounds I am learning under a master of creating the human anatomy donivan howard and medical illustrator criag brasco, who when i sit and watch one of them draw, whether it be character design, figure drawings, or environment/settings. I want to pick up a sword and chop off their head hopping their drawing ability passes onto me. The way donivan puts it, everything he teaching me, I am applying to my art but one day I am going to wake up and the stuff will just click.

I hope it clicks soon though because not only is CCP coming by my college to talk with us, thy will soon be hiring both programmers and artist to work on both eve online, and the world of darkness. On top of that I have my on small studio work I'm doing where I am the visual developer with our own web comic soon coming out between 6 months to another year. Not to mention we have a early siege meeting tuesday with a couple of studios being there and I am actually horrified at breaking any of my sketches to them. I may just take Craig's advice and email advice and email some of my favorite illustrators, he said I would be surprised how many actually email back. I just might seeing how I emailed one over a year ok requesting permission to model his work, and the next day I got an ok from him.

edit; the wobbling is actually me not being confident with my line. that is another thing I am trying tro break.
    Last edited by The_shaman; 05-06-2011 at 05:26 PM.