Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Enter the mind of the shaman; masters recreation

101 Dalmations Member The_shaman's Avatar
    Im improving with everything I draw. Heres a beginning sketch for my friend

I don't post here much at all for obvious reasons, hell I don't post much anywhere on the net at all, for obvious reasons and not so obvious ones. Anyways heres some sketches I've been working on.

This illustrative sketch is called mourning mother, I plan to either watercolor it, or acrylic paint it when I am down with this graphite render of it and fix the problems, the biggest thing I'm dealing with is the guys face right now. All in all if I can't fix it than I'll start the whole composition over. It took me 7 thumbnails to get to this point, and I'll do 20 more if it gets the composition fixed.

here are some random sketches

Here is a figure from the imagination

here are some sketches of brenduh

hmm, your art is pretty good, you try to do some hard poses, realistic ones, but the proportions are kinda off and the simetry too
    the last one is really good, the shapes are really well done though she's kinda fat, the other female bodies have to big muscles, make them more feminine...
    I hope something from what I said helped you in any way ^^
    Rollin over the \/\/0RL|)

Again the nerd with the good point!
    Problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunZet View Post
    Mmm, yes, considering he's Serbian, he might.... overwork the ladies. Don't need that.

@Nerd: She's not fat, what planet are you from?

Aside from that though, he's right. Your figure studies are very good, but your proportions are pretty wonky. Just make sure you plan those out carefully when you lay down the first step of the sketch.

It's so good to see more artists on here playing with realistic styles x3 I love it. Just remember that when drawing realistically its fine to use your imagination on it's own but its very important to keep going back to having a reference. Even when I'm drawing a composition that I completely made up on my own I still keep a huge battery of reference pictures available to check myself.

Hope this helped.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKasey View Post
    @Nerd: She's not fat, what planet are you from?
    ...by fat I meant she's not skinny (like most anime girls, maybe), not that she got 80-100 kg

finally got the damn drivers installed on my laptop to use my scanner, heres a redrawing i did a couple of hours ago, look at the front page and guess who it is.

thanks for the posts

hmm...with the proportions you are doing pretty well, the heads are a problem as I see:
    the character from left side has the chin too long making her look masculine, the hair is really great(I really suck at this part) but the nose and the mouth are kinda weird, maybe because of the big jaw and one last thing, the muscles are too developed

the other one is done pretty well, but the face again is ruining it... and the folds aren't too natural, maybe there are too many of them...don't know exactly T_T

Thats because I don't fully understand the whole construction, deconstruct, and than reconstruct process when it comes to making the head. But one thing about art as a artist i have to do a lot of problem solving and that is just one of many I have to do.

anyways here is another redrawing of one of my old manga pictures, guess who it is?

here goes some head structure practice, I need more work on the planes of the head.

here is some figure drawing studies from reference

is it me, or all your drawings are inclined to the right? they seem to have no stability...
    as I see the faces are better, yet they need more work on

you really got a way of making bodies, you draw curved lines...I haven't seen any straight line, not that this would be bad, but sometimes straight lines are better than the curved ones ( I strongly believe I'm the only one thinkin this way T_T so don't take into consideration...)

anyway you got the proportions right in the last drawings....keep it up