Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Understanding on Publishing manga!

101 Dalmations Member

Understanding on Publishing manga!

Two of my friends and I are working on a manga together. I know I already made a post of publication but I don't seem to have a good understand about it. I'm going to ask some questions:
    Can you publish a manga in Japan?
    If so, how you do it? If I can publish it in US,can it be a anime?
    Is there a way I can copyright my work before or after publication?
    I'm currently researching on Publisher and I'm read about them and find out which one is best. I don't want to go for the biggest, I wanna go for small first and see how would it work out.
    Also, how old do I have to be to publish?
    Last edited by KakashiTheSharingan; 01-07-2012 at 02:01 AM.

If you're American you have pretty much no chance in Japan. If you're American, chances are likely even if it is published and extremely successful it will not get a cartoon, and if it does the cartoon will re-write the comic entirely. If you're lucky you'll get a crappy high-budget movie done out of it.

101 Dalmations Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    If you're American you have pretty much no chance in Japan. If you're American, chances are likely even if it is published and extremely successful it will not get a cartoon, and if it does the cartoon will re-write the comic entirely. If you're lucky you'll get a crappy high-budget movie done out of it.
    Why there's no chance in Japan? Why in American, A comic book artist tries extremely hard but can't turn their comic in to a cartoon or anime but it has if so i have to become rewritten? That sucks!

You have no chance in Japan because you're not Japanese. Quite a bit of them are very xenophobic, and you do not speak their language as fluently, even if technically proper, as its native speakers. In addition, there are already a number of aspiring Japanese artists who have been at it longer and actually are Japanese. However, we Americans do not have the same traditions the Japanese do. Our comics stay seperate from our television, with certain exceptions.

101 Dalmations Member
    There is a way! I'll work harder. I want my manga to be a anime. I'll protest against this! If this doesn't work for me, then I'lll just give up art entirely. What is the used of making a manga or comic and you can't make it on tv like Japan does? It's stupid! Art is inspirational and people should be inspired by new art everyday of their lives.

101 Dalmations Member
    Can self-publishing manga become anime?

101 Dalmations Member Alexander_Hamilton's Avatar
    If it becomes extremely popular? Maybe. But I wouldn't count on it. If you won't be satisfied with anything but an animation, you'll have to produce it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiTheSharingan View Post
    There is a way! I'll work harder. I want my manga to be a anime. I'll protest against this! If this doesn't work for me, then I'lll just give up art entirely. What is the used of making a manga or comic and you can't make it on tv like Japan does? It's stupid! Art is inspirational and people should be inspired by new art everyday of their lives.
    If you want to be stupid and throw away art because you can't get what you want like a spoiled brat, go ahead, be my guest. Otherwise I suggest you have a serious attitude adjustment, kid.

101 Dalmations Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylux View Post
    If you want to be stupid and throw away art because you can't get what you want like a spoiled brat, go ahead, be my guest. Otherwise I suggest you have a serious attitude adjustment, kid.
    What's the point of trying so hard to make a manga and comics for the fans to see on tv and read? And You can't see it on tv. Its good to have it as a manga book but I want it to be a anime as well. Giving up isn't my style, no matter how hard I fail, Ima keep going. It is just stupid that people doubting other people's dream. If I can't become a manga artist and publish manga and make anime in america then, why people say you can be whatever you wanna be?

Quote Originally Posted by KakashiTheSharingan View Post
    What's the point of trying so hard to make a manga and comics for the fans to see on tv and read? And You can't see it on tv. Its good to have it as a manga book but I want it to be a anime as well. Giving up isn't my style, no matter how hard I fail, Ima keep going. It is just stupid that people doubting other people's dream. If I can't become a manga artist and publish manga and make anime in america then, why people say you can be whatever you wanna be?
    You don't understand the point of making a comic or any kind of story. Is not about creating a marketing plan and sell products, its about telling a story, to entertain others and make them feel something while they read, the job of creating a story is the one of the drive readers through emotions and problems in a enjoyable way. Doing a tv serie or an anime from your work, it shouldn't be your priority as a story teller, that is the priority of publishers and your bosses.

And we don't doubt other people dreams, we doubt the the logic behind their dreams. Becoming a comic artist is a great dream, but becoming a comic artist to have a anime serie is a "conflictive" dream, and probably you are not thinking things carefully. I recommend you to chose one, become a animator and do a story through animation or become a comic artist and create a story through comics.

Also people are retarded, you can't become whatever you want, its already hard to become a functional individual in the society.

PD: How old are you?