Thread: Forum Post Limit; Pruning; Activity Points

Hybrid View

Super Senior Member Celestial-Fox's Avatar

Forum Post Limit; Pruning; Activity Points

Hey, you know how we have the forum post limit to one post per 30 seconds to stop spambots, etc? Is there a way we can bump it down to maybe 20 seconds? I hate it when I have to sit there for eleven seconds before I can press Submit, and by that time, I'm behind in a lot of the conversations. But if that's not a good idea, I totally understand. C:

The old forum used to prune old threads. Does this one do it too? It's looking like it's not. I don't mind either way, but I was just curious of things were going to stay here forever. XD

And I know I've already posted a thread about Activity Points when the site was still young, but now that I know what they do: are they still around anymore? For instance, in the marketplace it says you can change your custom forum rank for 1000 AP. But I don't see anywhere where AP are listed anymore. /headscratch Am I just being silly, or are they gone?

Thanks~

Now, I know I'm not a mod, but I can still help.

AP are still around, but the only way you can see them is if you're doing something in the market place or just click to donate some to someone just to see how much you have and then cancel it.

The pruning thing:
    Honestly, I don't think that pruning occurs. I'm sure that Rio may start pruning after time once each forum start bursting at the seems with pages to go through of old inactive topics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conversation
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE YO KIDS
    Sylux: WHAT ABOOT MY WIFE?
    Seefy: QUICK HIDE JAI

AP is best earned by posting pictures. I posted all the pictures of my and Jaidurn's adventures in Minecraft and various other funny thingies before I defragged my HD so I wouldn't lose the good stuff and I ended up with over 1000 AP, which I used to buy Sir-Mass-a-Lot

Your Friendly Ban Hammer-er Rio's Avatar
    I can change the 30 to 20 second posting thing. I'll do it in a moment.

Pruning is not turned on in the forum. As far as I am concerned, there's more than enough room in my hosting plan to keep everything. The only reason we pruned before because we were reaching max in the data storage max.

AP - we still have it. If you want to see what you have, go to Dashboard in the menu bar and look for Dashboard again (there should be your avatar below it). Right underneath Dashboard within the body of the page there should be a row of links, one of which is Activity. Click that and you will see a tally of acquired points including total.